Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

my full auto, pov, guns of WW2 range day

Article about: Had a blast going full auto today! Browning 30 cal, BAR, Sten, MG42, MP40, Grease gun, and the Thompson. I love the classics

https://youtu.be/hvJfIc7ojvg

Mg42 2nd belt of 50 rounds... 100 rounds in 6 seconds can get expensive.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

https://youtu.be/ENxP17MSA5I

BAR 30-06 full auto. (Notice the guy standing behind me because he knew the recoil this weapon produced.)
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

looks likes you had a great day, loved watching the video.. looked like to me the sten gun fired very smooth.. or is it just the way that you have to hold it , that it gives you more control when firing full auto.
    THATS IT I WILL MAKE IT TO MAIN LAND USA ONE DAY, YOU GUYS HAVE SOME REALY GREAT THINGS TO DO AND SEE THERE....
    I fired some guns in Hawaii at a range but they had to have springs attached to them..

Open invitation to club members overseas. If you make it down to Texas I will take you shooting at a private range myself. I love to sport shoot and you guys are welcome to shoot anything I own. (Big list)
    As for the sten, I found it awkward simply because I've never fired a gun holding the side mag. The cycle rate is excellent for a defensive posture IMO.

?

Thumbs up

You do not hold a Sten by the mag! You hold the bbl jacket with the mag laying across your left arm. May sound a bit akward, but is actually comfortable.
    Sarge

?

Cool

Well I can not find any of the photos of our "Gang Bangs" out on the prairie so instead here are photos of what we shoot. These are all mine, but several of the guys have similar and a few that I don't have, including some WW 1 stuff.
    Sarge
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FAs, squad.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	998901Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FAs, US.JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	998899Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bren-Stens.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	998902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MP 40s.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	998900Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MP 43-44.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	998903Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 from rear.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	998897Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modern R.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	998898

I would just to ask you guy a question me and my mate were talking the other day about ammunition prices and we talking about what the prices would be in the states compared to here in Australia.
    I pay 35 to 50 dollars for a box of 20 Mauser - 8m rounds.
    223 about $18 to $27 for a box of 20.
    a box of 303 about $35-$45 British.
    all depending on brand. cheers mark

?

Thumbs down

Is that 35-50 US or AUS? For hunting ammo or GI Ball? If US (hunting ammo) then our prices here are about 1/3 of that. If GI Ball then our prices are about 10%.
    At those prices I would almost never get to shoot any of my MGs!
    Sarge

Quote by Sarge View Post
    Is that 35-50 US or AUS? For hunting ammo or GI Ball? If US (hunting ammo) then our prices here are about 1/3 of that. If GI Ball then our prices are about 10%.
    At those prices I would almost never get to shoot any of my MGs!
    Sarge
    aus dollars and hunting ammo.
    yea we were just thinking that, with prices here.. that semi autos over here just wouldn't be fun to use as it will cost you a arm and a leg to have a shot.

Hopefully I'll have my rebuilt M3 up and running by early next year. It was a fun process rebuilding it and finding parts for her. Im jealous!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123