Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

My heart goes out to those in Nice France

Article about: I hope that none of our members were hurt in this resent attack on our Brothers and Sister in France. For those that have suffered, I lift up my deepest heart felt condolences. Please don't

Let's keep religion out of this thread. I will reopen it but any further posts interjecting religionl or one's beliefs and I will not only close this thread but delete it. This should deal with the victims and nothing more.

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

It is good to see the level of professionalism step up and stay intact here. If you go back to Phil's initial post his call was for it not to turn to politics and religion. Phil always posts Semper Fi (always faithful) at end of his posts. I know Phil and he lives that Marine Code as a good friend to me. With the world as it is lets be "Semper FI" to each other, our world and for freedom. Regardless of our differences, race, nationality, religion or convictions lets not turn on each other or we are no better than the enemy. We should not need the moderators to crack our skulls based on code of conduct.

Peace to you my collecting braddhas & your families! Nemo Resideo

Rossi
    "WWII Militaria collecting has no cure and the only medicine is to collect more" - My Opa

Collection Website: http://www.tothehiltmilitaria.com/
    Collection Video: https://youtu.be/Kexpyo4G7ts
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/petrucci.rossi?fref=ts
    Google Page: https://plus.google.com/103940649893850060890/about

Truths are not always pleasant or welcome to hear and the situation in the World today is no different. Sadly, quite often there Is no solution or workable means to end hatred and blood lust. I remember, years ago, once literally starting a riot in Amsterdam while attending a demonstration in Dam Square. How, you ask? I simply told a television crew that I thought it obvious that there would Never be peace in the Balkans. The killing and hatred had been going on for far too many years for it to miraculously stop and have people suddenly live in happy harmony ever after. The blood had soaked too deeply into the ground over the centuries to ever be ignored. The best one can ever hope for in some situations is to live in an uneasy truce with your former enemies, but this rarely-if ever-lasts long. The crowd did not like hearing this grim truth and erupted into an instant storm of violence....

Today, there are new levels to the terror that have seldom been seen before. Most terror is performed with the goal of making a too strong to fight enemy give in and do something that they don't want to do. And, yes-it works better than most want to admit. Unfortunately, the terrorism of today holds no such thoughts. I would ask myself "What do they want to make them stop Doing this for?", but they Don't want something. There are no payoffs or concessions to mollify them with. They do it because of pure hate and fanaticism and they want only to kill,horrify and destroy the West, whom they perceive as the Evil Blood Enemy. The coming years ahead are too discouraging and horrific to even imagine. We of the Western World want little more than to live our lives comfortably and securely-as we have done so for Many generations now, but this may well be a thing of the past now. There has risen an implacable and determined enemy with pure Evil thoughts and intentions to confront us with. And it has strength unimaginable. Can this alien thinking enemy be dealt with? They do not think as we do in the West. It is nothing to them to torture,kill and enslave innocent people-women,children, elderly,poor, rich-we are all the same to their eyes. Subjugate and destroy. Impose their barbarism on the entire civilized World. The Roman Empire once fought against the countless beyond numbers legions of enemies that surrounded them. And they Lost. And their world was utterly wiped from existence. Their fall plunged the known World into savage shock and barbarity that lasted for centuries. I hope that Our world can do better....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    On the contrary, history has shown that humans do not get along irrespective of their particular faith system, or lack thereof. In fact, the 20th century, bloodiest to date, has shown that it is those in the latter “faithless” category that are responsible for the vast majority of needless suffering and death.

I am a Christian and base my belief on many years of serious study that has convinced me that the way Christ saw the world lines up best with the reality that I see going on. And as a Christian I bear no ill will towards you for mocking my sincerely held belief in an “imaginary friend”. Peace.
    Even though i am "Godless" i do respect the faith/beleif of others, i just can't abide extremism of any form and a lot of humanity can be easily swayed towards fanaticism. It all reminds me of a quote i once read “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” I realise that we have been asked to keep religion out of this thread so i apologise!....
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    TI would ask myself "What do they want to make them stop Doing this for?", but they Don't want something. There are no payoffs or concessions to mollify them with. They do it because of pure hate and fanaticism and they want only to kill,horrify and destroy the West, whom they perceive as the Evil Blood Enemy.
    Oh, yes; they do want something: To turn the entire world into their twisted idea of the perfect society. And therein lies the problem, for - no matter what damage they cause - this goal is entirely unrealistic and unattainable. Unfortunately, a true fanatic in pursuit of something he cannot possibly have will never call it a day or accept some compromise, but double his efforts the minute he has lost sight of his goal.

The coming years ahead are too discouraging and horrific to even imagine. We of the Western World want little more than to live our lives comfortably and securely-as we have done so for Many generations now, but this may well be a thing of the past now.
    Very true. And there is the next problem: The enemy will do literally anything - fight, kill and die - and unless we - and by we, I do not mean the "Northern", "Western" or "Christian" world, but all those at war with or threatened by Daesh and their allies - are unwilling or unable to do the same, it will only strengthen them, weaken us, and prolong the fight indefinitely.

Can this alien thinking enemy be dealt with? They do not think as we do in the West. It is nothing to them to torture,kill and enslave innocent people-women,children, elderly,poor, rich-we are all the same to their eyes. Subjugate and destroy. Impose their barbarism on the entire civilized World.
    I have to differ. In the end, there is nothing alien about their thinking; it is all too human, as history has shown us countless times throughout the millenia. And make no mistake: The western cultures have a long history of thinking like this and of torturing, killing and enslaving innocent people who were all the same in their eyes. I will not provide examples lest anybody thinks I wish to offend their nation in particular or compare apples and oranges or whatever, but I think my point is understood here.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Even though i am "Godless" i do respect the faith/beleif of others, i just can't abide extremism of any form and a lot of humanity can be easily swayed towards fanaticism. It all reminds me of a quote i once read “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” I realise that we have been asked to keep religion out of this thread so i apologise!....
    I strongly agree with Paul there. I am not a religious person either, but I understand that believing in something can help people find their way in the world, give them peace of mind and help provide thim with a moral compass and a system of values and rules. Thus, I have no beef with religious persons (unless they try to go missionary on me) and accept and tolerate any religion as long as it is not harmful to its followers or to others.
    However, any religion can be abused and perverted, and the minute it gets abused as the reason, excuse or justification for any kind of war or campaign or any action therein, things inevitably get ugly and lead to the worst kind of atrocities and injustices, for if anybody seriously thinks that God is on their side and they are doing His work, than everything and anything is justified in their eyes. "GOTT MIT UNS"...

So, what is the answer to all this and how should the world conduct itself to counter this threat? If I had the answer to this, I would probably be sitting in a much larger office right now, but a few things are obvious to me, and I am convinced that I am not wrong here:

First, this is a global war without frontlines, which is thought in Syria and Iraq just as much as it is fought in France and Belgium and in Cyberspace. It requires a huge, coordinated, global effort by all nations' police, intelligence and military services and a comprehensive strategy behind it.
    From freezing bank accounts to getting boots on the ground, from improving border security to increasing police budgets, from guarding public buildings to levelling draconic sentences on all the perpetrators caught, the measures will have to be manifold and omnipresent.

However, this goes well beyond the MIL/LEO/INTEL sector, because all this will be good for nothing if we do not manage to dry out our domestic recruitment pools. And no, by this I do not mean mass deportations, preventive internment or similar lunacy.
    France in particular (but not only France, of course, and the same thing is happening here) has a huge problem with a failed integration policy resulting in a parallel society of practically segregated neighborhoods that are populated by an army of poor, disillusioned, aimless, frustrated, angry youths from a migrant family background who are wholly unable to get a leg up in life.
    First, they turn into petty crooks and then they fall into the hands of terrorist recruiters and propagandists (often, not even in the real world but via the internet) and suddenly find a meaning for their life. And we all know how this ends.
    By all accounts, the perpetrator of the Nice attack was just such a case: Previously well known to the police, not as a terrrorist supporter, but as a small-time criminal.
    Taking measures against this development is a massive and difficult challenge to politics and society, but it is all-important.

And finally, let me stress one thing again that has been mentioned in an earlier post, but which is worth repeating:
    The vast majority of victims of Islamist terror are other Muslims, and we are talking about some 82 - 97 % here (figures from the U.S. National Counterterrorism Center), same as most troops actively fighting Daesh are Muslims.
    Also, let us not forget that Muslims were among all the recent major terrorist attacks in France, from a policeman murdered in the Charlie Hebdo attack through several victims of the November 2015 massacre and now again in Nice.

CBH
    ?

Well I'm sorry if I ruffled some feathers , but I felt more needed to be said on this thread . I've always thought of this Forum as non-denominational place and I hope this continues . However i did feel a slight Christians bias , and felt that was unnecessary in such an international forum . There was enough anti-muslim statements filling the tread , and a well my god is the right god statement was upsetting to me . I consider adherence to the ghost stories of your great grand parents , no form of moral authority . We are all humans no matter what colour , race , religion or nationally we belong too . I only wish we would come together as easily as we divide each other . If we cannot , there is truly no hope for the future . My heart goes out to France and to all the innocents killed there , but it also goes out to all the innocents killed period ! I don't belong to a team , so I have no team loyalty , this gives me the ability to see the Big picture sometimes . We are not without Sin , the west reaps what it sows . Thank you Bob for reopening this thread , if this crosses the line I'm truly sorry . I only wish we could all just get along . All my Love to you all !
    Cheers Chris

Unfortunately, the history of strife in our world has always mainly been based upon religious extremism
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Damn
    Now I can't talk about sacrificing a beautiful 21 year old virgin to the volcano gods for world wide peace.
    Oh well I probably couldn't find one in the US today anyway.

Leave it to Steve to tie a pretty bow onto a not so pretty controversial thread
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Today a priest was slained in his Church at Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray (France).

I pray for his rest.

Hard days here actually.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234