Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My recent absence on the forum - What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Article about: Good evening gents, I haven't been on the forum for a few weeks and being keen not to be thought of as having lost interest I thought I might explain why. I am a keen motorcyclist and on Wed

Default My recent absence on the forum - What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Good evening gents,

I haven't been on the forum for a few weeks and being keen not to be thought of as having lost interest I thought I might explain why.

I am a keen motorcyclist and on Wed 080818 I was riding the short distance home from work on my Yamaha FZS 1000S when an idiot pedestrian decided to impersonate a lemming and ran into the road directly in my path! I did not stand a chance and skittled him taking an impromptu freestyle slide up the road myself.
    So; broken collar bone, shoulder, 9 ribs (each with multiple fractures front and back ie a flail chest), pneumo / heamo thorax, bleed on the spleen, fractured pelvis and one hand later I woke up to meet some nice paramedics and some of my own colleagues followed by a spell in intensive care and nearly four weeks in hospital.

All I can say is good job I was only doing 40 mph!

I am back home now and still fairly crocked up. Still, what doesn't kill you etc......

Justdidn't you guys to think I was being standoffish

My recent absence on the forum - What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!My recent absence on the forum - What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

I'm trying to catch up with unread posts now but there are quite a few!!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I was wondering where you were hiding, I just did not know it was in the hospital!!!!
    Brother I am glad you are ok but it sound like a long road to full recovery. REMEMBER you are not young in body anymore only in mind LOL!!!

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Wow, that's a tough one.
    Even with all the injuries you suffered it is good you are back home. All I can say is take your time and get well.

Regards, Rik

MAP
    ?

Glad to hear you are on the mend!!!!!

I've hit a car on my motorcycle but never a person...

Now...as any motorcyclist would normally ask....How's the bike?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Phew... Now those are some nasty injuries; hurts just to read about them! Get better soon!

Good to hear that you are on the road to recovery. You might even be able to take a deep breath in a week or two after that many fractures. Get well.
    John

Glad you are recovering. NH

Terrible to read this. May you heal fully.
    David

Bloody hell Mark, that's a terrible "prang"! I'm certainly not going to click "like" on this post!! That said, i will pray that you make a full recovery and that you are soon back up to full speed, blessings, Leon.

Glad that you are alive, doing better and back here!!!!

Mart

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast