Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Member of the Forum IN NEED OF HELP!

Article about: Hello and thank you for taking a look at my thread. I am a new member of the War relics forum in need of help. I am wanting to write to WWII veterans in an attempt to gain and preserve there

Question New Member of the Forum IN NEED OF HELP!

Hello and thank you for taking a look at my thread.
    I am a new member of the War relics forum in need of help. I am wanting to write to WWII veterans in an attempt to gain and preserve there signatures or really to just reach out and contact them. I am mostly looking for those who had fought for the Third Reich. I am having trouble with where to start and the most efficient way of contacting any of them or if there really is a chance of contacting any them. I am hoping I can be pointed in the correct direction of who to write to? (Individuals, programs, etc..) I am very open to all suggestions.
    Also if there is a separate thread within the forum with the same question or an answer regarding the topic please let me know or have me moved to it.

Thank you and I look forward to hopefully having answers!

Hello,
    Welcome to the forum....
    I'm sorry i can't help you, all vets who served in the german forces i used to be in contact with passed away...
    Good luck
    Thanks
    "I didn't use any weapon in combat during the war, but i killed hundreds, perhaps thousands of men...they're now at the bottom of the sea"
    Walter Borg (ex-MI6) Agent and radio operator in Malta, Tunisia and Italy between 1941 and 1945. Arrested twice, tortured twice, escaped twice, survived the war...

"The future torments us, the past holds us, that is why the present escapes us."
    Gustave Flaubert

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

i would imagine most countries have veteran groups and charties ie Royal British Legion etc, a quick search should do the trick, mail them and ask i am sure those who are interested may reply however most do not like to talk about it, good luck.
    Last edited by greatwhite; 09-08-2016 at 12:05 PM.
    "and when he gets to heaven,
    to saint peter he will tell:
    "Just another marine reporting, sir
    I've served my time in hell."

?

I know veterans, at least the veterans I have spoken to, don't exactly revel in bringing up the past - But some veterans can be happy to answer questions and talk about their experiences - I cant help you unfortunately (don't find too many German veterans down in New Zealand!), but I second the advice of greatwhite - unless you know someone who is in touch with a veteran, I think that he suggested the best way to go about it. Good luck to you!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...f_World_War_II[/QUOTE]

That list is grossly inaccurate to the amount of surviving veterans.

That list is grossly inaccurate to the amount of surviving veterans.[/QUOTE]

Its just a guide to show what is available? Link removed.
    "and when he gets to heaven,
    to saint peter he will tell:
    "Just another marine reporting, sir
    I've served my time in hell."

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello, welcome to the forum....I'm sorry I can't help you, all vets who served in the german forces, I contacted passed away...Good luck
    The vets from the German Armed Forces and SS, I knew, are dead for many years.
    Even the lads from the HJ, I knew, most often have passed away. My best contact
    died a few months ago. Hermann Miller will be missed........

I had a rather good contact with many vets, serving in the former Dutch colonies as
    Indonesia, New-Guinea (as I am one of them) for example and Korea . Even from this
    "younger generation" many have passed away, or do have Alzheimer or are demented.
    Last Sunday we had a meeting of Dutch vets. The group I personally knew was heavenly
    "thinned out" or did not show up, while they do no have any interest anymore, due to
    many reasons! In ten years or so, most or all of them are gone and leaves the vets-days
    with those serving at Libanon, Bosnia, Afghanistan etc.

"MattN95", I wish you all the luck in the world and I hope your plan can go on!
    "Wir sollen auch unser Leben für die Brüder lassen" (1.Joh.3.16):
    zum Gedächtnis Wilhelm Schenk. Er starb fürs Vaterland am 13. Juni 1916

If you wish to write to CMOH winners the CMOH society passes on letters sometimes, a lot of winners from WWII to today no longer sign because of people selling autograghs on ebay on mass, however it is still worth writing and seeing if people would like to reply.
    CMOHS.org - Official Website of the Congressional Medal of Honor Society

?

Without wanting to put you off unfortunately you are coming into this far too late , i have known many German veterans but many have now passed on or are of an age where they have had enough of such correspondance and requests for info and photos.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

You may find this thread useful

show your signed photos
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast