Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Poppy selling

Article about: I'm now reaching the end of my stint at the local supermarket... just three more days to go. As always, the generosity of the public is truly overwhelming. Last week my stall collected 1,15

Default Poppy selling

I'm now reaching the end of my stint at the local supermarket... just three more days to go. As always, the generosity of the public has been truly overwhelming. Last week my stall collected 1,150 in just two days. Loads of notes fed into the tins, loads of people donating. Last Saturday the RBL replenished the stocks in Liverpool and sold 12,000 pin badges in that one day. A young Polish couple bought one of my wreaths this morning too. My grandchildren, Emily & Tom, popped in on their way home from school to get their poppies yesterday. And today my eldest daughter Michelle called in and spent a few hours helping me on the stall. Unlike the other charity, 'Help For Heroes', all monies collected by the Royal British Legion goes to help ALL former servicemen and their dependants in need, and not those who just served in Afghanistan. Remember that next time you donate.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0169.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	319.4 KB 
ID:	1129583Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23231435_2042060326022600_3722876452548220449_n.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	1129592
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

Keep up the good work Steve!....
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Well done Steve, that is a great return on your hard work and will be put to very good use helping veterans and their family's. I used to sell for my local branch as well until I moved away. I will however be the Royal British Legions standard bearer at a small service on Sunday. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

What was that recent guff about banning poppy sales in the UK? ....... fake news I hope?
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

?

Great work, here in the US it is now much more related to Memorial Day in May and is done through the American Legion. Selling poppies and raising funds has been a family tradition for generations.

MAP
    ?

Quote by relicz View Post
    Great work, here in the US it is now much more related to Memorial Day in May and is done through the American Legion. Selling poppies and raising funds has been a family tradition for generations.
    Almost ever Saturday outside our local super market there is a gentleman selling poppies. My wife (she does the shopping) gives every time she sees him. And even though she immigrated here as an adult she completely understands the sacrifices these men made.

Great job Harry!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice work!!!!

War Relics Forum Sponsor
    My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Well done!

Lez normally collects for the Poppy Appeal, but now she is working full time with me she has missed it this year.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Danmark View Post
    What was that recent guff about banning poppy sales in the UK? ....... fake news I hope?
    Hi Dan, I've not heard that one myself. I think that if the government or local authorities tried that one there would be an uproar, especially as we seem to have at long last rediscovered our sense of National pride after decades of being "battered down" and made to feel ashamed of our own flag by the wishy washy minority! Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Great stuff Steve !

Lest we forget
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8461.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	230.1 KB 
ID:	1129701  

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast