Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Proud Father

Article about: Today my son Trey took the oath to the United States army. He is heading to fort leonard wood Missouri in 3 weeks for boot camp and combat engineering school. He is restoring my faith in Ame

@youth.. It was in angleton tx south of houston

We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

Yes watchdog, I will definitely tell him to keep his helmet on and make sure its Kevlar. Honestly the thought of him getting deployed and removing IED's scares the absolute hell out of me. But he's a grown man now and that is something that is hard for me to remember. I just hope he doesn't follow that career route.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

Good on him!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Very nice. Congrats
    Octavian

Looking to buy a Museum Quality, cased EK1. A stamped "7" would be awesome to find!

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Yes watchdog, I will definitely tell him to keep his helmet on and make sure its Kevlar. Honestly the thought of him getting deployed and removing IED's scares the absolute hell out of me. But he's a grown man now and that is something that is hard for me to remember. I just hope he doesn't follow that career route.
    If you didn't worry you would not be normal but the difference is between paternal concern and over protective fretting. The first is good and your lad will appreciate you all the more for it, the other is to be avoided at all costs as it won't help you and it will make him uncomfortable.

When my lad deployed to "the sandpit" I felt a great measure of the first and did all I could to support him especially with letters and parcels of "home comforts" that the service just cannot provide but I never let him sense anxiety. Not as easy as some might think even for an old sweat who knows the concerns of one "in the field" but well worth the effort. Your lad will love every minute of it even the shitty bits when his Sgt Maj says to him "I'm ya muvver nah son"!!!

Regards

Mark
    PS Don't forget to post his "happy snaps" when they start to arrive.

Thanks for that watchdog.

Update!!!... took his PT test yesterday.. 47 push ups in 1 min.. 38 sit ups in one min... ran half a mile, threw up, then ran the other half in 7.5 mins...haha! He's good to go..leaving on the 16th at 10am..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1454722442676.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	932442

Son requested I post this picture for you guys.

Congratulations-With 36 years of Active and Reserve Service with two deployments before retiring in 2014 I can say it was one of the best moves I ever made! You should be very proud of him!!
    T.McGarry (CSM Retired)

?

Please pass along my Congrat's to your son. I wish him the best in this endeavor!!!!!

Good Job Dad

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast