Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Proud Father

Article about: Today my son Trey took the oath to the United States army. He is heading to fort leonard wood Missouri in 3 weeks for boot camp and combat engineering school. He is restoring my faith in Ame

Thanks Phil and Sarge. Thank you guys for your service as well

We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

I've decided to keep updating this thread as sort of memoir and support. Next update should be some pics of him getting on the bus to painville..
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

?

One of the proudest days of my life is when I graduated from Parris island USMC boot camp. I knew that I Fu<I<ed up when I was a youth. But this day made me a Man of Pride and Responsibility and sent me on the right path. The only people that showed up that day for me, were my Mother and Grandmother. Its something you keep in your mind for the rest of your life and I'm sure you will be there for you Son!!!
    Keep the pic's coming "UK Cousin"(Give us a name?). I look forward to your sons progress in his service to our GREAT COUNTRY!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

His name is Trey. I will keep posting his progress. He's very excited and even talking about airborne school after basic and AIT.. We shall see..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-15-08-32-01.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	935305

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-15-08-31-03.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	935306

Preperation on the homefront. Tomorrow is the big day. I will be seeing him off in downtown Houston. Pictures to follow.

Name:	IMG_20160216_0956527.jpg 
Size:	365.8 KB 
ID:	935564

Waiting at the MEPS station in downtown Houston. He was supposed to leave at 10am but it now has changed to noon. I can't believe the government is behind schedule.. (Sarcasm implied)..

Name:	IMG_20160216_123904_01.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	195.2 KB 
ID:	935587

After 5 mins in the army he already has facial attitude...more to come when I can get home.

Name:	IMG_20160216_124123_01.jpg 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	935619

Name:	IMG_20160216_1306051.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	330.0 KB 
ID:	935621Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160216_1308006.jpg 
Size:	318.4 KB 
ID:	935622

Off to Ft. Leonard Wood Missouri.. Limited contact in the next 14 weeks.. A couple of phone calls expected but he can write as many old fashioned pen and paper letters as he wants. I have video of the 2nd/final swear in. I will create a YouTube video soon and post the link. As for the letters home he has given permission to share the daily activities of boot camp with the forum. A little glimpse of being a recruit in today's U.S. military.. Thanks everyone for your support. It means a lot to our family.

A special thanks to Ade for allowing this thread both past and future.

https://youtu.be/yMQW7qfxVrE

This is the induction ceremony for my son. Obviously a photo op for family more than anything as they did a seperate swear in behind closed doors. Sobbing mothers and proud fathers was the order of the day.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast