Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Proud Father

Article about: Today my son Trey took the oath to the United States army. He is heading to fort leonard wood Missouri in 3 weeks for boot camp and combat engineering school. He is restoring my faith in Ame

?

Oh the fond memories of being gased and the repelling tower. My favorite was the slide rope tower.in the Marine Corps boot camp we didn't have nets. It had water under it and yes they did tell us to come to attention coming down just so they would sadistically laugh while we fell into it. It is great your son is falling in line and knows it is just a head game they like to play. That is very important to keep the right frame of mind. Sounds like he is doing great!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

He is doing well, Phil. I'm disappointed that I am not receiving letters as fast as I would like. Letters take average of 7 days to reach me from when they are dated. Using the government postal service mailed from a government facility I shouldn't be surprised.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

?

I am sure that your Son will be just fine.. I have witnessed what the military can do.. Also... You will be soooo proud when he graduates from "Boot" G
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

If possible... Post some pics upon Graduation !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I will, g. Graduation is after boot camp and AIT training. Sometime in late May or early June. We will be flying out there for sure.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

Just received a phone call from him. He's in good spirits. Was awarded a 5 minute phone privilege for completing level 1 of AFTB test. (Have no idea)

Pictures are of day 1 delta company 35th engineers Ft. Leonard Wood. Recruits integration and welcome to your new home!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1457912834689.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	943972

Name:	FB_IMG_1457912789991.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	943973

Name:	IMG_20160314_124927_01.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	944139

First picture from a short cell phone privilege today.

21:17
    03/10/16

Letter arrived today

" Hey old man, just got your last letter. Feels good to get mail. I know you have been wanting more info about things here for yourself and war relics so here it is. The last few weeks have been the best and worst in my life if that makes sense. We always get up at 0400 for P.T. and it lasts until 0600. Then we head back in for chow. Then we begin whatever training we have scheduled for the day. I was issued my carbine the other day! She's a bad bit**!! I named her Betsy and wherever I go, she goes with no exception. She's a Colt M4 5.56mm with a red dot sight. She gets cleaned twice a day and more if I have free time. Last week we completed the confidence tower which is nicknamed "the warrior".. (see photo previous post) You first climb up a 60ft ladder with steps that are 3ft apart. It is some scary sh**!! Then you repel down the side and that is so much fun! Big time adrenaline rush! Then you climb up again and crawl on ropes at a downward slope. We also went to the gas chamber and when we were inside, drill sergeant popped a CS capsule and made us take our masks off. My eyes were on fire and it burned my lips to my stomach and everything in between. Nasty sh**! Wednesday I took my land navigation test. They dropped us off 12 klicks in the middle of the woods. Told us we had 6 hours to make it back or they would sh** on us. My squad made it back in 4.5 hrs. I was relieved because it was an actual test you have to pass in order to graduate. Tomorrow I have a PT test at 0545 which consists of a 2 mile timed run among other things. Not looking forward to it. I have actually dropped 11 pounds and feel a lot stronger than I ever have before. I learned that my drill sergeants are sappers and they are fuc**ng beasts! I won't be able to go to sapper school until I am an E4 which will probably be at least another year or two. Commander said that we will most likely be deployed within the first year after AIT training. He said that 12 bravo (combat eng) and 12 Charlie (bridge crew) will probably go to Afghanistan unless the politics change. They told us to pay close attention to tactics training because we could potentially be involved in the development of the Korengal Valley. It's a fuc***g nasty place from what I hear. (....sigh....) I really miss home, music, soft toilet paper, hot water, but most of all I miss
    a good night sleep. Sorry I haven't written as much as you want me to but I'm just so damn tired all the time, dad. Gotta go now, another long day tomorrow. I love you dad, talk to you soon. Love, Trey..

Name:	IMG_20160317_180231_01.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	945479

From his snapchat account

Got a call from him a few mins ago. Apparently he has been in the base hospital for 4 days diagnosed with "walking pneumonia". He is out now and back with his platoon. A short time was missed so it doesn't affect his graduation date. Received another letter dated march 22nd I will be posting soon.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast