Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Proud Father

Article about: Today my son Trey took the oath to the United States army. He is heading to fort leonard wood Missouri in 3 weeks for boot camp and combat engineering school. He is restoring my faith in Ame

16:10
    04/02/16

Hey dad, how are things back home? Any news about traveling for your work yet? I hope business is good. Anyway, I didn't want to say anything until I was well but I just spent 4 days in the medical wing for walking pneumonia. I'm fine now and back to the grind. Before I was admitted I was tested with my m4 hitting 36 out of 40 targets from 50m to 300m qualifying me for sharpshooter. I also qualified with the M249, the m249 - 7.62mm machine gun, and the m320 grenade launcher! It the most awesome thing I've ever done, I swear! Shooting that thing makes you smile ear to ear every time! I was able to fire 5 live grenades and 5 paint practice grenades so far. Next week is actual hand grenade training. That should be a "blast".. Last Saturday we took our second APFT (army physical fitness test). My 2 mile run has improved by 1 min 20 sec since the first test. Sit-ups have improved by 16 and push-ups by 18 in 2 mins. Monday is another confidence course. I hate that fu**ing thing because it's a huge obstacle course that is about 60ft in the air. It scares the crap out of you! Tuesday I am getting fitted for my dress uniform in preparation for graduation. I heard hotels are booked up fast in the towns around here during graduation. You may want to book early. (already have) It's definitely June 3rd. ( his boot camp ends in 3 weeks but has another 4 weeks of AIT training before the graduation ceremony).. But I'm sure I already told you that family day is on the 2nd. I will get 24hrs leave before the ceremony so I hope you have already booked a hotel for the 2nd. (yes! yes!) I still don't know if I will get my 10 days leave right after graduation or if I have to fly to my first duty station before I get my leave. Not sure where my first duty station will be but they said we will know in another 3 weeks. Anyway, I have to head to formation in time for chow, so I have to go. Write me back soon, dad. I love you.. Trey

We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-04-25-18-25-27~3.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	959018
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

Graduation is June 3rd, then its off to ft. Hood Texas until his first deployment.

14 weeks later.. Basic training is done and last week of AIT.. Graduation friday!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-05-28-18-33-14~2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	966983   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-05-28-18-32-55~2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	966984  

After graduation he will be sent to Ft. Hood texas and assigned to 20th engineer battalion 1st Cavalry division.

?

FANTASTIC!!!!! The boy is looking Mean and Green!!!!!
    Ft. Hood, I thought about taking a position that opened there. I was told its a great base. I know Texas is a BIG state and your from TX Cous. Are you far from Ft. Hood?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Its only a 3 hr drive from me. Hope he will be there a while before deployment.

Just arrived at ft. Leonard wood for briefing and dismissal for family day. Gradation is tomorrow. We get to spend time with him until 20:00 tonight. Many pics to come over the next 48 hrs. Don't know if any of you have been here before but im shocked at how huge this place is.

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-02-10-09-43~2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	968155

Name:	IMG_20160602_115855_01.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	968193

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast