Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Proud Father

Article about: Today my son Trey took the oath to the United States army. He is heading to fort leonard wood Missouri in 3 weeks for boot camp and combat engineering school. He is restoring my faith in Ame

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160602_1822153.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	348.1 KB 
ID:	968324

We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

Best basic training story I've heard so far is the one where a private in my son's platoon was sent all over the base by the drill Sargeant in search of 300 feet of fallopian tube.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

?

The favorite of the USMC Air Wing is to send a FNG(****ing New Guy) down to supply and ask for a 100 yards of flight line!!!!!! They get their ass chewed and sent back explaining what they have learned.LMAO!!!
    My personnel favorite being a Communications tech was to send the FNG to another squadron(Who I called and let them know what was coming) and what you need to know is that our our equipment has acronyms. So I tell the FNG that I need an ASH-1 receiver to get my A/C 04 in the Up status. They run their ass down to the last squadron on the flight line (1 mile)and when the get there and ask about the ASH-1 receiver. They are handed an ashtray!!!!!!! It never got old
    Stuffing them up tail pipes for echo checks was also another good way to kill time and for a great laugh

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thats classic!

I hear the drill Sargeant in the middle (pic above) is the classic American drill Sargeant.. With yelling things such as "your rifle aim is more f***ked up than a naked nun doing power squats in a cucumber garden!". The actual graduating class lead by the same drill Sargeant marched in singing " just issue me a hand grenade.. Lordy look at the mess I made!".. Brought a tear to my eye..

- - ------- - -

Video to come

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-12-14-16-40~2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	971170
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-12-14-16-40.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	971169  

Punishment for lifting too much weight and bulking up is responsibility for the m240.. Have fun with that 25lb weapon, son.

Name:	IMG_20160622_093036_01.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	233.2 KB 
ID:	973314

My son just sent me this picture from the ft. Hood firing range. The caption reads "I love My job!"..

?

A lot of guy's would bitch about going to the range , But If your going to give me free ammo to shoot all day. I'm In!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

I know that's right, Phil!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast