Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Proud Father

Article about: Today my son Trey took the oath to the United States army. He is heading to fort leonard wood Missouri in 3 weeks for boot camp and combat engineering school. He is restoring my faith in Ame

?

Congrats!!!, I firmly believe that more youth should be willing to Serve, I did, and I am sure many here did.
    I think that Military Service gives a person A real feeling that I belong here and did my part to Protect my Country.

JUst My Thoughts.

Dean

Thank you and I couldn't agree more.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

As most of you know the military isn't known for its large paychecks. My son and his new wife have moved on base and are trying to get established. I decided yesterday to help them out by buying them a new washer and dryer. It almost seemed selfish to spend the money on my next big collectable when they are struggling. He will be informed of this when I have him pull up this thread today. Rewards come to those who work hard and earn them is what I've always taught him.. Enjoy son..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture+_2016-06-23-15-37-35.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	973728
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

?

Military pay has never been a lot in the early years of Service, I remember making $900 a month as a Pvt in the Canadian Army, rations and quarters were taken out of that...just left you enough to Drink ( we were young) and lie about things to pick up the Girls!!!!

Again, you should be Proud as He should be

Again, just my thoughts.

Dean O
    Canada

Name:	IMG_20160629_092753_01.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	282.2 KB 
ID:	975265
    Just received this picture of the A2 buffalo ordinance clearing vehicle that my son has been assigned to. He is in awe right now.

I'm a bit late on this one but fantastic stuff! My brother was in the Australian Army for years, he served in Timor and I was very proud. The militaria items he gave me afterwards actually began my interest and hobby! Getting through boot camp in any decent military is no picnic; congrats to your boy for starting the test. He has my best wishes.
    Best regards,
    Chris

"Knowledge rests not upon truth alone, but upon error also."
    Carl Jung

Thank you, Chris. You have every reason to be proud as well.

?

Those beast are awesome.I have seen them at the Army Yuma Proving Grounds here . It's a BADASS vehicle

Semper Fi
    Phil

They are certainly big enough.

Name:	IMG_20160705_091915_01.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	977247
    Just received this one from my son. Ft. Hood electronic firing range training. Pretty cool but is rather be shooting the real ones.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast