Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Proud Father

Article about: Today my son Trey took the oath to the United States army. He is heading to fort leonard wood Missouri in 3 weeks for boot camp and combat engineering school. He is restoring my faith in Ame

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160718_131456_01.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	267.2 KB 
ID:	982662

Name:	IMG_20160718_131452_01.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	247.5 KB 
ID:	982663
    Training on some sort of vehicles going on today at ft. Hood.

We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

Name:	IMG_20160719_182135_01.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	982936

Name:	IMG_20160719_182138_01.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	982937
    Apparently it was a great day according to my son. He was issued his ACOG scope for his m4..
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

?

That is all the Marines here use. ACOG sights. No more iron sights adjustments.

Semper Fi
    Phil

He took all of his qualifying tests on iron sights but I suppose its time for an upgrade.

I honestly would like to see the ar design be retired. IMO there are much better combat rifles available these days. I know the problem is cost of replacing them all.

I know I'm about 2 months late on the timeline with the graduation video. Finally got around to editing. This is a clip from the graduation ceremony at Ft. Leonard Wood Missouri after Basic training and AIT.

https://youtu.be/XPuaDU4jyWQ

How can you not like a cadence saying "I used to date the beauty queen, now I date my m-16"?
    Last edited by UK Cousin; 07-21-2016 at 11:17 PM.

Name:	IMG_20160721_202055_01.jpg 
Size:	211.8 KB 
ID:	983455
    Last upload for the day. That's a lot of rifles!

Just got word that my son will be sent to ft. Irwin California in October for more infantry and mine removal training. Precursor to the overseas deployment probably early next year.

Name:	IMG_20160725_094356_01.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	984162
    And a side view of the "husky" coming out of ft. Hood this morning.
    A mine and IED detection vehicle.

Name:	IMG_20160726_124939_01.jpg 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	984352

Name:	IMG_20160726_124923_01.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	984353
    2 more out of ft. Hood this morning. The m2 .50 cal being repaired and the mk19 grenade launcher.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast