Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Proud Father

Article about: Today my son Trey took the oath to the United States army. He is heading to fort leonard wood Missouri in 3 weeks for boot camp and combat engineering school. He is restoring my faith in Ame

Default Proud Father

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160121_161834_01.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	238.7 KB 
ID:	927147
    Today my son Trey took the oath to the United States army. He is heading to fort leonard wood Missouri in 3 weeks for boot camp and combat engineering school. He is restoring my faith in America's youth today. I'm so proud and love you son!

We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

Congratulations! You should be proud!
    Ed

Very proud!
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

MAP
    ?

We're proud for you! Congrats!!!
    My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Good Man! And Safe Training to him!
    What would you know about victory? I killed a she-wolf in her den, armed with only a knife. I escaped the Caughnawaga Indians who sought to burn me alive. And, I was the sole survivor of a shipwreck at the Battle of Havana. So you'll excuse me if I choose not to follow your advice." ―Israel Putnam speaking to a Continental Army officer at the Battle of Bunker Hill.

Congratulations to you and your son.---Well done
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Which MEPS station is this? I swore in at the Houston station off of old San Jacinto St. 10 years ago. Sadly, my career didn't last much longer than Camp Penleton due to medical reasons.
    I salute your son, may he have a save and successful boot camp-IOS-military career.

Congratulations.

Congrats to you and a salute to him. Ive finished my basic training last year June - August (yup, lasts only 2 months here). Combat engineering was what i wanted but i dont think i will go further.

I know what you mean mate!

An old soldier myself I was made up when my own son joined the RAF some nine years ago. I was just as proud when as a married man he recently joined the Royal Navy and is now posted (or drafted) to the brand new HMS Queen Elizabeth so I very much identify with your pride.

Congratulations to you both, and good luck to him. Tell him from me to keep his helmet on!

As George Orwell said;

"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night
    because rough men stand ready
    to do violence on their behalf."

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 01-22-2016 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Typo

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast