Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Request for Help - Do you live near Hansons Auction house?

Article about: Fellow UK members, I won a number of items at the Militaria auction yesterday at Hansons. They are all edged weapons (bayonets and a fighting knife) As I have done before, I was going to hav

Default Request for Help - Do you live near Hansons Auction house?

Fellow UK members,

I won a number of items at the Militaria auction yesterday at Hansons. They are all edged weapons (bayonets and a fighting knife)

As I have done before, I was going to have them mail me the lots and I would pay them postage.

However, and yes an oversight on my part, I did not realise that Hansons do not now mail weapons of any sort. They will package them but I have to find my own courier.

So, I know this is a very big ask, especially as I have not met any of you, but would anyone be willing to collect the items from Hansons on my behalf and we could sort out delivery between us? I would of course compensate for fuel etc and I would arrange the courier to collect from your address at a time suitable.

Many thanks and especially so if anyone is willing to help me out.

Cheers

Jamie

Hi Jamie, Royal Mail will not allow knives through the post. So it is not down to us.

We use a company from Nottingham called "Mailboxes". Contact Hansons and they will arrange this for you. Mailboxes pick up from us most days.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, after speaking with Sue I realised that it wasn't the decision of your guys so no probs ��

I'll contact MB later today.

Best

Jamie

I can help jamie I can have them picked up. Email me 😁

Excellent John, emailed ����