Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Small D Day related collection

Article about: With the 75th anniversay of D Day upon us this week I just wanted to share some D Day related items I got together about 20 years ago, (over a period of a couple of years) they seemed hard t

Default Small D Day related collection

With the 75th anniversay of D Day upon us this week I just wanted to share some D Day related items I got together about 20 years ago, (over a period of a couple of years) they seemed hard to track down then ! M26 USN Lifebelt, M5 Assault Gas Mask & bag, gas brassard, which as can be seen was folded up & stored for many years, some invasion money, the Eisenhower letter, given to all servicemen involved with the invasion, which has some interesting handwritten info on back (will try & research one day), an April 1944 dated map of the Omaha beach area & 3 nice cut edge wartime patches , the 1st & 29th are early greenbacks, the Ranger Diamond took a while to source. I went to Normandy for the first time in 1996 & came back inspired & concentrated on WW2 US militaria for 2-3 years, alongside TR. With the release of Saving Private Ryan in 1998, it fueled my passion even more !
    Regards
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small D Day related collection   Small D Day related collection  

Small D Day related collection   Small D Day related collection  

Watching today's & yesterday's D Day celebration events in Normandy & Portsmouth were truly moving & touching. It also makes you realise the important task we, as collectors, have in preserving historical items, right across the board, for future generations.
    Regards
    Paul