Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Steves' book

Article about: Steve (HARRY THE MOLE) wrote a most interesting book on his experience in the army. Engaged in war in Ireland in the early 70's. I got tired of books on Normandy & Russia, thought I woul

Hi Harvey,

Your best bet is to purchase it from Amazon UK, although it can be purchased directly from the publisher's and on eBay. Wherever you buy it from, I still get my 97 pence royalty fee... unless of course you buy a second hand copy! If you do buy it, I am more than happy to supply you with a signed dedication card.

Forgot to mention.... the latest review on Amazon, written by a Mr N Chamberlain... although I thought he died back in November 1940! Well, what he wrote about the radio's we used is a load of bollocks. I just love it when someone tells me what we used when they weren't even there with us! For the record... our battery used the C45 base station radio which had a frequency range of 23 - 38 mhz. This was situated inside the RUC station at Andersonstown where our battery HQ was. All vehicles and foot patrols used the A42 manpack radio which had a frequency range of 26.3 - 38 mhz. The A41 radio to which Mr Chamberlain refers, worked on 38 -55 MHz and was compatible with the larger C42 radio which our regiment never used! I was a B11 signaller - amongst other trades - and I do know what I am on about! Maybe the infantry used different radios to us, but we were 'proper' squaddies and showed the infantry how it should be done!

Cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 02-06-2020 at 01:02 PM. Reason: more information

The term ‘armchair general’ comes to mind mate, you can’t tell these people though, if they’re willing to argue against someone who was actually there, then whatever you say will likely not bother them anyway.

Re where the buy them from: I’ll keep that in mind mate for when I get the book later on in the year, sounds very interesting and I can’t wait!

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Hi....
    .... I just love it when someone tells me what we used when they weren't even there with us! .....

Cheers,
    Steve
    So true!
    Always having those second thoughts when reading history books written by people who where not even born in that time....
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6