Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Wehrmacht-Awards Forum

Article about: Goodbye!! After long and careful considering, I have decided to turn my back to the Wehrmacht-Awards Forum. For good! This forum I do not visit anymore and will not be visited by me in the f

It's how the wind blows Ned. If I can help, I will. We've both been there & know what it's like. Help those that have a genuine interest IMO. Stewy

for one god awful minute I thought you were leaveing the WRF,until I reread the article.PHEW.

I enjoy both forums if im honest, but there is a complete different attitude towards the hobby on WAF it can be quite saddening to read.

Glad your here, Along with many others I will enjoy reading your posts.

best rgds matty

There will be blowhards and arm chair idiots where ever groups congregate but I feel that the wonderful mods and admins here at WRF do a fantastic job of trying to keep this place many notches above everywhere else.

A place to make friends and fostering a culture of learning. This would not be possible without people like Wim and the countless others (to many to list) who freely give of their time and expertise.

While I have a long road ahead of me, I know I have learned more in the couple of years on this forum than I have in all the years I was on my own.

So to Wim and the others. Thanks!!!
    My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Please stay Wilhelm We like you and appreciates your knowledge and your will to share it.

Anyone who gives nastiness to Wim here will immediately be shown to the door of no return.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Anyone who gives nastiness to Wim here will immediately be shown to the door of no return.
    To be honest Bob, I don't think anyone would. He's a good bloke. I don't know what happened on WAF, but it's unlikely to happen here. Stewy

Every person makes his own choices and decisions. Glad you didn't leave WRF (what a huge amount of knowledge we would miss). Don't know and don't want to know details of what happened but I trust you made the right decision. From what you said you're still considering on leaving or not other forums - pls don't include WRF

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    WAF's loss is our gain. Many members here, including myself, have left the unregulated chaos at WAF for the same reasons you cite. You know that your knowledge is welcome here. Any trouble you ever have here will be dealt with immediately as you know we do not want to become a second WAF. Thank you for taking time to post your thoughts as all reading this must think before going to the keyboard.

I associate myself with the above.
    We are very grateful to you, Wim, for all the fine things you have done for us, which have been such a source of delight to so many.
    The other website is as you well describe it. I do not blame you for packing the whole thing in, but we ask you to retain some of your
    interest for us. We buy your books and we encourage others to do so, since they are such a fine thing, indeed.
    All Hail Wim, and his fine citizenship and exemplary research.
    And pfui Teufel on all those who so eagerly want to suffocate our interest in nonsense and puerile fits.
    damit, basta.

I don't understand why they attack you over them Wim? I have defended your name there before and I will continue to do so.
    I only hope you do not decide to leave us here. It would be a great loss!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast