Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Wehrmacht-Awards Forum

Article about: Goodbye!! After long and careful considering, I have decided to turn my back to the Wehrmacht-Awards Forum. For good! This forum I do not visit anymore and will not be visited by me in the f

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    To be honest Bob, I don't think anyone would. He's a good bloke. I don't know what happened on WAF, but it's unlikely to happen here. Stewy
    I agree. My comments were meant to assure that everyone engage brain before opening their mouth on the keyboard.

What can I add other than Wim. has always been the go to guy on many levels of collecting... Not only an author of many informative books and a contributor to several periodicals, but a true powerhouse of information... With proof to back it up... No pun intended... "He doesn't talk through his hat"... The pun would be his volumes of "Headgear of Hitler's Germany "... A book that I have and personally signed by him... I have received the kindness of this man personally and he offered up some of the "Rad Traditions" badges from his collection to mine which I still have and will never part with... I am happy to say that for me and fellow Forum members we are quite lucky to have such a resource here at WRF... Nuff said... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100E2985.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	320.5 KB 
ID:	985773  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I don't often reply to discussion threads as such. But I half to say again; I've never had such kindness shown to me by a stranger, as I have had show by Wim. He's a FIRST RATE, first rate man! I cannot imagine the type of person who could find an indifference with him. All his responses to a member or guest query here, have been thorough and polite, if not downright gracious. Its a shame what a loss this person has caused to the WAF. I only hope the mods over there have dealt with it in the same manner as the mods here would! My best to you Wim take pride and comfort in knowing you are appreciated here amongst your friends, colluges, and students! Best regards.

I hope Mr. Saris that you will continue to share your great knowledge with us on WRF , I too was frighten you were leaving our ranks . Thank you for all the time and energy you devote to us .
    Cheers Chris

Quote by matty01 View Post
    I enjoy both forums if im honest, but there is a complete different attitude towards the hobby on WAF it can be quite saddening to read.

Glad your here, Along with many others I will enjoy reading your posts.

best rgds matty
    I have belonged to several different forums. I am still active on four, including WAF.
    All of the forums have a complete different feel from one to another and while I do spend
    a lot of time at WAF, this is the forum I go to to just hang out.

For the most part this forum has the nicest and most easy going atmosphere.
    This is all because of the administration and moderators.---well done guys
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

"Thanks for the many messages of support". It is really appreciated by me!

My decision was merely caused by what was said in mails to my private email-address, as well as some PM's.
    Not once, but with various occasions (practically always from WAF). The last was the last straw!
    Not what was said at the WAF-forum. About that I don't care!

Maybe I did overreact, but that's me when I am getting older. I know I can be a grumbler so now and then!
    But when I quote from a regulation, accept the regulation. I did not make the regulations!! They did in
    those TR-days.......

Name:  Wally Brumbär - 42 - kopie.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  27.4 KB

PS: I have not posted my decision at WAF and I do not intend. There is no reason for me to inform them.
    As said, I will not login!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 08-02-2016 at 09:05 AM.
    "Wir sollen auch unser Leben für die Brüder lassen" (1.Joh.3.16):
    zum Gedächtnis Wilhelm Schenk. Er starb fürs Vaterland am 13. Juni 1916

We who have just begin collecting and maybe are a bit younger need the grumpy oldtimers, you have information that would be impossible for us to find.

It's very strange that some people don't understand that. Without the "veterans", we beginners may end up with a lot of junk in our collections.
    We should respect you and appreciate you.

Some people are simply unable to admit that they are wrong, can't bear the idea that someone might be more knowledgeable than they are and generally live by the creed of "I know the truth, so son't bother me with facts."

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Some people are simply unable to admit that they are wrong, can't bear the idea that someone might be more knowledgeable than they are and generally live by the creed of "I know the truth, so son't bother me with facts."
    "La, la, la, la, la, I can't hear what you're sayin'....."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	035ostrich_468x538.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	985839
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for your knowledge Wim, I like to think this says it all about some of those forum 'experts' you refer to.....

Name:  mark-twain-quote-1_zps3e81e7c5.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  18.1 KB

regards, Dan
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast