Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Wehrmacht-Awards Forum

Article about: Goodbye!! After long and careful considering, I have decided to turn my back to the Wehrmacht-Awards Forum. For good! This forum I do not visit anymore and will not be visited by me in the f

?

Thanks again Wilhelm for the reponse to my email last week.
    I know you didn't have to help but you did and it was much appreciated.
    Much respect.
    And again thanks for your time.

Hello Curt,

you know, if I am able to help, I do. But there are facts/subjects
    I have no or not much knowledge about or I never paid any
    attention to. But if possible, I do. For many it is a pity they do not
    live nearby, as then copies from my filed material could help.

From the days I was better organized (just a part). Now I am
    starting to be slovenly!! The blue and the grey ones are not
    included. Most of the material related to aviation, I gave to a
    guy who was interested in the technical information (see 2nd
    photo). Also my material related to the Waffen-SS (as the
    Verordnungsblatt) I gave to a friend.
    For other parts I have persons in my mind! When time
    comes they will hear from me!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ws files 2006.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	985859

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6003117 - kopie.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	985860
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 08-03-2016 at 01:34 PM.
    "Wir sollen auch unser Leben für die Brüder lassen" (1.Joh.3.16):
    zum Gedächtnis Wilhelm Schenk. Er starb fürs Vaterland am 13. Juni 1916

You have been remarkably helpful to us all, and you are also entitled to lose your temper with the impossible and cussed behavior of others.
    Thank you, Wim, for all your hard work, wonderful citizenship, and exemplary good humor. That you will quickly respond with your
    treasures to a question here constitutes a public good of exceptional merit. No one should take such generosity for granted or treat it as a right,
    let alone engage in the tantrums of stupid eleven year olds who are thwarted in their affect and revert to threats and uncivil statements.
    The Wehrmacht Awards Forum is its own reward. The misinformation as well as absurd and sophomoric behavior that are exemplified there have wasted
    so much time of innocent people, who could otherwise have learned new facts and done so in a pleasing environment.
    Not for nothing have they earned the title: lords of the flies.
    We thank our fine members and our moderators, and Wim, once more, for his decades of hard work.
    damit, basta.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Not for nothing have they earned the title: lords of the flies. .
    ...whereas Wim has fully earned the title of Lord of the Files, as the pictures of his impressive archive illustrate.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You have been remarkably helpful to us all, and you are also entitled to lose your temper with the impossible and cussed behavior of others.
    Thank you, Wim, for all your hard work, wonderful citizenship, and exemplary good humor. That you will quickly respond with your
    treasures to a question here constitutes a public good of exceptional merit. No one should take such generosity for granted or treat it as a right,
    let alone engage in the tantrums of stupid eleven year olds who are thwarted in their affect and revert to threats and uncivil statements.
    The Wehrmacht Awards Forum is its own reward. The misinformation as well as absurd and sophomoric behavior that are exemplified there have wasted
    so much time of innocent people, who could otherwise have learned new facts and done so in a pleasing environment.
    Not for nothing have they earned the title: lords of the flies.
    We thank our fine members and our moderators, and Wim, once more, for his decades of hard work.

Win,

I am not able to write with such elegance as FB so I can only echo what he has written above and, of course, what Bob Coleman has written as well.

You are an authority on the regulations of the period and it is rediculous that those who come to you seeking expert consultation respond with vitriol. It sickens me and I am very sorry to hear that you receive this kind of treatment.

Thank you, Wim, for your wonderful books and the time you take to share the knowledge you have gained.

CMH

There is a very good reason why I have over 7000 posts on this forum as against 300-odd on the WAF despite joining both at the same time. The attitude of many of the WAF posters appears as often a curious mix of post-padding and outright clique-iness. No doubt there are many fine people there but overall the atmosphere is not as welcoming and well-governed as the WRF. Mind you, having said that, some of the fights and pissing contests they have can run into multiple pages and do provide light entertainment.

I also hope that Wim, you will stay and enrichen our collecting experience as you have done so admirably over the last 5 years.

The nastiness on that WAF thread would have immediately sent at least two individuals to the door of no return on our forum. The nastiness and lack of knowledge of many posters over there has lead me and a number of other experienced collectors to cease posting there.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I once again echo the sentiments that have already been expressed here by my fellow members. Your helpful manner and deep knowledge are most appreciated by me Wim, and I sincerely hope nobody is stupid enough to insult you on this forum. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Been offline for a few days, my PC died!

Wim is a HUGE asset.

We don't allow bad behaviour here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Wim, you cannot leave mate, I need you to keep me on the straight and narrow on the buckle forum
    Ben

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast