Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Wehrmacht-Awards Forum

Article about: Goodbye!! After long and careful considering, I have decided to turn my back to the Wehrmacht-Awards Forum. For good! This forum I do not visit anymore and will not be visited by me in the f

Thanks for all the messages of support. This is really heart-warming!
    Maybe persons learn from this and be a lesson:

"Do good and help where one can, so others can learn.
    Then one can expect a truly back-up
    "!

PS: I was informed by friends about the particular discussion(s) at WAF and some of the
    comments by specific persons. What is said there about books or photos, one should take
    this anyway with a pinch of salt. Facts said were twisted (on purpose)!
    Sometimes indeed headgear was shown in my books where things were changed and/or
    adapted by computer and photo-shopped. In the caption this then was mentioned as
    "rebuilt" or whatever (see for example volume 5 from the headgear-series page 185 or
    volume 4, page 244). Sometimes I have said why this was done!

It adorns some WRF-moderators they have banned one of them from this great forum!
    At WAF they have a lot to learn......
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 08-04-2016 at 05:24 PM.
    "Wir sollen auch unser Leben für die Brüder lassen" (1.Joh.3.16):
    zum Gedächtnis Wilhelm Schenk. Er starb fürs Vaterland am 13. Juni 1916

CBH
    ?

I would just like to add , I'm a very happy member of this forum , it feels like a community . We look out for each others interests and help whenever we can , we don't brag or belittle , we are here to share knowledge . I'm am very pleased you will continue your support of this fine forum .
    Cheers Chris

?

Wim- I agree with Bob Coleman- the WAF is loosing ALL credibility with the insults and infighting-Although amusing to read -Frustrating to engage! We all appreciate your knowledge and help in THIS
    forum.
    Bryan
    Last edited by wiki; 08-04-2016 at 02:29 AM.
    looking for Mint Early form 2,3 Political visors

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6003117 - kopie.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	986198A sight far more grand than some shelf full of "stonemint" caps or daggers or whatever.
    Thanks so much, Wim, and I salute you, also, because you have taken the knowledge in these sources and fashioned
    it into a useful and readable form. Such a gift is had by the very smallest few. That the below average and deficient find such a
    thing to be off putting merely reflects their own stupidity and their failure in human virtue.
    Pfui.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-04-2016 at 11:30 AM.
    damit, basta.

I am relatively new to this hobby, and not having large amounts of cash to waste on fakes, reproductions or whatever you want to call them, thank all of the regulars who have helped me with questions. I have tried, very cautiously, to apply the knowledge gained on some posts here too. I also am a member of WAF, and have had no bad experience, but find this forum to have a more friendly atmosphere in general. That isn't a dig nor a shot at any person there at WAF, just a feeling of the thing. I sometimes feel as though it must be tiring answering the questions of new people, but if the new people listen more than complain or argue, they learn, and then they can, in a small way spread the knowledge before it is lost or rests in the hands of very few who may not share it at all. It is unfortunate that the world, and thus the internet, is filled with fools......

?

Thank you Mister Saris to share your precious time and knowledge with us.

Your work inspire respect on every militaria collector.

I flirted for a little bit on that forum not for that long.
    but really its much better here.
    all members here. are good people like you Wilhelm saris.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6003117 - kopie.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	986198A sight far more grand than some shelf full of "stonemint" caps or daggers or whatever.
    Thanks so much, Wim, and I salute you, also, because you have taken the knowledge in these sources and fashioned
    it into a useful and readable form. Such a gift is had by the very smallest few. That the below average and deficient find such a
    thing to be off putting merely reflects their own stupidity and their failure in human virtue.
    Pfui.
    Is this digitised Wim? It would be a tragedy if it were lost!!!
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

Sorry Danmark, no!
    I do not have time for that as I have no idea how many pages I then should scan: 20,000, 40,000, 60,000, 80,000? Or more!

I think I have said some things once before and from this my winged words "I eventually set it all on fire'' were derived.

Name:  burning_book.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  46.9 KB

I have been looking for a person (or maybe more) that would have sincere interest and when having the material, really would
    do something with it. That always has been my goal: one gets it, but should do something with it. Writing articles or books.
    I am looking possibly for about 20 years. Many had a look, are very well interested, and get my allowance to write an article
    "whatever about". I don't care, I will mentor if needed. There hardly ever was a result (only in a few occasions) and so I got
    quite disappointed. Getting it, yes!! All that have seen it. Doing something with it. No, or hardly not....... Problem: No writing skills,
    no patience and for most it is too much work. I once did an article in a few days, but.......

A good article does cost me a year most often; writing a book four or five. The result is a book, a name on the cover (about this
    I do not care), but one does not get rich with it (I am not a business-man at all and for my friend mr. Bender I even would write
    for free). Most of my books, I am geting for my work, are giving away to persons, who did help me. I am glad there are persons
    that are willing to assist. Without help, one cannot write a book. No way! Take in mind the many photographs, when one has
    to pay for it! I am just a tiny little cog in the wheel of research.

Writing is one; getting frustrated is two, as persons often try to bring you down, insult and humiliate. If one can stand straight
    with this, I would praise him. I do write now for 40 or more years. My first "real" article was published in 1976. The result is this
    thread about WAF
    , as when given an opinion it seems to be persons cannot stand a "verdict". We, here I mean collectors, all have
    learned from the past. Who amongst us has never bought a fake? I did, more then once! As most often dealers, but collectors
    as well, try to cheat and manipulate!

I see I am just an "embryo"

Name:  embryo-zwanger.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  15.3 KB

with my 1,900 posts. But for all there is a start!!
    Surely when one can be a grumbler

Name:  T3VHHtKB_400x400.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  30.6 KB hahaha!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 08-04-2016 at 05:22 PM.
    "Wir sollen auch unser Leben für die Brüder lassen" (1.Joh.3.16):
    zum Gedächtnis Wilhelm Schenk. Er starb fürs Vaterland am 13. Juni 1916

Mr. Saris
    It is too bad there is not a foundation or group you could donate the volumes to. Sort of like a library could allow people to look through their contents when needed. I have had a lifelong interest in the Second World War, and was very fortunate to have known some veterans. The collecting came about last year, after my daughter and wife saw a mutterkreuz and remarked how lovely it is. Now it hangs in my home with the two other classes. I have noticed that TR collecting is a minefield for the novice, as I am sure you and the other long time collectors well know. I, for one, am thankful you all take the time to help as there is indeed a gap in reference material for TR collecting and also there are sometimes thing which defy the accepted rules and yet are 100% genuine. I hope you stay on here at this forum and kudos to the admins for keeping out those who are disruptive to the rest who really want to learn more about collecting and distinguishing the good from the bad.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast