Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Wehrmacht-Awards Forum

Article about: Goodbye!! After long and careful considering, I have decided to turn my back to the Wehrmacht-Awards Forum. For good! This forum I do not visit anymore and will not be visited by me in the f

Default Wehrmacht-Awards Forum

Name:  imagesV1OCY5GS.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  7.7 KB

Goodbye!!

After long and careful considering, I have decided to turn my back to the Wehrmacht-Awards Forum.
    For good! It was planned by me with various occasions, which started about a year ago!
    This forum I do not visit anymore and will not be visited by me in the future. No way! I will not login!
    Various reasons and above all specific persons were causing my decision. You can blame them!
    PM’s on WAF were and will neither be answered since mid-July (sorry to those who did send me a PM).

It does not make any sense for me to spend time, sometimes hours and hours, to give an answer to a subject!
    Decency apparently is a word about many haven’t ever heard about!
    And WAF gives the tone! Some prefer to pull the plug…….

Occasionally some arrogant windbag, brainless person or grievance monger with no or practically no knowledge
    at all asks for an opinion about a subject. If possible I can and will give an answer. With most occasions! So now
    and then this results in not accepting the “verdict”, about how it is laid down in the regulations. And regulations
    about practically all TR-organizations is just my “piece of cake”, especially about uniforms and insignia. For that I
    am known! Through the years I have found out that the one or the other cannot accept at all what is posted and
    when it is not according to what they expect.

And so one starts to wriggle like a worm. Most often a childish behavior is spread. More than once such person
    quickly feels insulted and thinks he can insult me then or even worse send me a PM or above all sends me a
    personal mail with some (hateful) contents. Pathetic! Some of uch remarks went down the wrong way! With such
    persons I am fed up (whom the cap fits, let him wear it). I will not further give them any reason in the future to do so.

Forums can live without me. It is not that long ago I made my accounts. I can easily live without forums,
    as I did before 2007/2008!!

I have not decided yet about my cooperation with other forums!!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 08-01-2016 at 05:29 PM.
    "Wir sollen auch unser Leben für die Brüder lassen" (1.Joh.3.16):
    zum Gedächtnis Wilhelm Schenk. Er starb fürs Vaterland am 13. Juni 1916

Am very sorry to hear this news, Wilhelm...you have always been a man of integrity and vast knowledge and you are much needed here. When you would reply to a question, it was always certain that it was the absolute truth on the subject! I have no clue as to what or who has caused this, but I do understand. Certainly it must have been a serious occurrence to have caused this decision. Only the best wishes for your future and thank you so very much for all of your valuable time and researching that you have shared here with everyone. Good luck on whatever you choose to do!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

That is a big loss for all those in search of historical facts and in need of quality knowledge.
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

Wim-
    WAF's loss is our gain. Many members here, including myself, have left the unregulated chaos at WAF for the same reasons you cite. You know that your knowledge is welcome here. Any trouble you ever have here will be dealt with immediately as you know we do not want to become a second WAF. Thank you for taking time to post your thoughts as all reading this must think before going to the keyboard.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

It's always a pleasure to interact with you Wilhelm, i hope you never feel the need to leave here!.....
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Wim-
    WAF's loss is our gain. Many members here, including myself, have left the unregulated chaos at WAF for the same reasons you cite. You know that your knowledge is welcome here. Any trouble you ever have here will be dealt with immediately as you know we do not want to become a second WAF. Thank you for taking time to post your thoughts as all reading this must think before going to the keyboard.
    I agree entirely.I understand completely your position on WAF. I am a member there but only visit when an internet search leads me back there. I never post and I don't like the high handed and restrictive practices. So it serves only to provide limited reference. I also agree with your assessment of the prevailing level of intelect over there.
    I don't say any of this by way of "WAF bashing" they make their own reputation. I only speak to emphasise that I for one do not feel those issues apply here and I sincerely hope that you will not come to feel about this forum the way you have expressed above. You are an asset to the hobby and I look forward to your continued membership here.
    Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

As Gunny states, it's always been a pleasure interacting with you, Wilhelm! Your contributions have enriched us all - and you are definitely appreciated by this -Old-School- Militaria Collector!...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn1966; 08-01-2016 at 06:45 PM.

With WAF, I only answer posts. Never post my stuff. There are some good folks on there that I have a lot of time for. Stewy

Many members will miss you over there Wilhelm, me included

I understand your reasons and I truly hope you stay with us here on this wonderful forum

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    With WAF, I only answer posts.....
    Prodigiously lately it seems.... I tell yer man, I can't even get a look in before.....WHAM!

Still, "Up in the mornin', that's the game our kid" as they say round these parts.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast