Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Where is Doug?

Article about: I did not know where to put this question so the 'Gold Club' seemed the only place..... Q: Does anyone know if Doug Buhler is on ANY forums these days? He bowed out here about a year back an

Bugger....... can someone move it please?

" When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

Quote by danmark View Post
    bugger....... Can someone move it please?
    lol

It probably does not matter as public praise for Doug is not a bad thing and as none seem to know without reading between the lines on GHW as to why he actually left...........
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Bugger....... can someone move it please?
    Good job you weren't entrusted with the invasion plans for Operation Overlord eh, Dan??? Lol.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Good job you weren't entrusted with the invasion plans for Operation Overlord eh, Dan??? Lol.
    Twas my old grandad wot compiled that Times crossword puzzle in May of '44. Caused a right kerfuffle that did!!
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

CBH
    ?

Doug is very much missed , I was rather hurt by the way of his departure . I didn't think it was right for him to remove his photos , leaving many threads useless . This seem rather spiteful and unnecessary . But its not for me to judge , and I would love to see him return . If your out there Doug , we at WRF still miss you .
    Cheers Chris

?

He sold all (most of them as I know) of his helmets to Shea.... Shea is releasing them over time as too not impact the market....

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    ROTFL!!!!!!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Doug was very instrumental to me buying my first & only M35 DD Luftwaffe helmet. He provided excellent guidance and found me what I believe was a fantastic deal. I am greatly indebted to him for this. It was unselfish in all ways and benefited me greatly.

Thanks Doug,

William

I agree with Chris. Doug was a highly knowledgeable collector, but I, too, thought his exit an unworthy show. A shame to lose such an asset to the collecting world.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 07-01-2016 at 04:26 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I've been on and off the forum for a while, so I wondered where Doug had gone.

I just wanted to say that I admire Doug's contribution to the hobby immensly and I've always thought that he was a great guy. His departure from the hobby is a huge loss for all collectors but I understand the reasons for why he did so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast