Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where is Doug?

Article about: I did not know where to put this question so the 'Gold Club' seemed the only place..... Q: Does anyone know if Doug Buhler is on ANY forums these days? He bowed out here about a year back an

Default Where is Doug?

I did not know where to put this question so the 'Gold Club' seemed the only place.....

Q: Does anyone know if Doug Buhler is on ANY forums these days? He bowed out here about a year back and now seems to have dissappeared from the Walhalla forum he helped set up in its 2nd incarnation.

I know there were many horn locking competitions over the years but he always had facts to know and wonderful things to behold - and that loss is a shame. If it is because of the Champagne Decal controversy I can believe it, so in an open forum I just wanted to say "thanks Doug, ( if you are about ) for years of service to the hobby and multiple facts and photos that have helped us grow in knowledge" ....... and hope all goes well for you in the future!!

Regards, "Downunder Dan"
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

I heard he sold his entire collection and is out of collecting SS material.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I heard he sold his entire collection and is out of collecting SS material.
    Thanks Bob - wow, he must be the richest man in Canada if that's the case!!!!

As I understand it not all of his collection was sold, but much of it was. Sounds like he may have kept a few of his absolute favorites. Either way, it's done and over with and his decision is apparently final.

Did he keep his Canadian stuff Todd?

Not sure.

Ah! So That's where he's been! If he sold off his entire collection, he must be, no doubt, on a world cruise in a luxury suite on the QM2....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I think what Doug is doing is for Doug and those he is in contact with to know, and not for me to gossip as I don't know the full story.

If you are a member on GHW2 you would have a better idea.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I think what Doug is doing is for Doug and those he is in contact with to know, and not for me to gossip as I don't know the full story.

If you are a member on GHW2 you would have a better idea.
    I am a member Jerry but all his posts seem to have gone?
    I wasn't trying to pry- as my old gran said "manners knows distance " - just wanted to acknowledge his long contribution.
    Dan

Dan, I don't know if you intended this thread to just be for gold members, but unless you post it in the gold members only area at the top of the gold members section, this is open to all to read in which case you could have posted it in discussions or anywhere.

I agree that Doug deserves thanks for his expertise over the years and his willingness to share it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast