Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Whyte's of dublin auction house

Article about: Okay guys. Anyone here familiar with Ian Whyte & his auction website. They are from Ireland, a friend of mine won a lot one year ago on a helmet which turned out to be bad. (Fake SS). I

Default Whyte's of dublin auction house

Okay guys. Anyone here familiar with Ian Whyte & his auction website. They are from Ireland, a friend of mine won a lot one year ago on a helmet which turned out to be bad. (Fake SS). I am trying to help him get a refund....seems Mr. Ian is slow on his response time in answering emails which pertain to dubious items on his auction site..

Anyone have any past dealings with him or know him somewhat personally so we can get this unfortunate matter taken care of maturely before it turns ugly ?
    When 10 men tell you you're drunk, you better lie down.
    'Get busy living, or get busy dying"

Auction houses usually have no expertise in most areas and sell everything "where is and as is." I have no knowledge of this firm but if your friend notified them in a timely manner that the item was not as described, he should have a solid case for refund.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Whyte's T&Cs seem fairly standard for auction houses.

https://www.whytes.ie/Irish-Art/i2TandC.asp

Without seeing the item description it is very difficult to comment further.

Oh...I know the helmet is a fake. I have contacted Ian & Co. & they have agreed to refund the $ on the fake SS helmet. Had to send signed letters from myself & a few helmet cronies but so far, they are acting quite cordial in refunding for the helmet in question. More to follow....

Okay, Good news
    After dealing with Whytes' auction house, a full refund with postage was returned to a friend of mine in regards to a misrepresentation of a lot won from the auction almost a year ago. The agreement was to send either electronically or the old fashioned way of mailing 8X10" signed copies of the item in question from 3 or 4 respected & known experienced collectors..

Upon receipt of "COA"s...& the helmet mailed back in the same condition it was purchased in, Whytes' went ahead & held their end of the bargain. Ian was a true gentleman & quite pleasant to deal with. Thought he showed some real integrity refunding the full realized price of the lot won 1 year ago

David