Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

104th Infantry regiment of the US 26th Division AEF)

Article about: Hello Group, With the help of Bigmacglenn1966 I was able to learn the identity of a helmet I have (shown in the subject line). I have had this helmet for 50 years or more and I have a couple

Default 104th Infantry regiment of the US 26th Division AEF)

Hello Group,

With the help of Bigmacglenn1966 I was able to learn the identity of a helmet I have (shown in the subject line). I have had this helmet for 50 years or more and I have a couple questions. I recently took some photos of the helmet that I am posting here and my questions are:

What might this helmet be worth?

What condition would this helmet be considered to be in?

Any other input would be appreciated as well and thank you all in advance.

Robert Federle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 104th Infantry regiment of the US 26th Division AEF)   104th Infantry regiment of the US 26th Division AEF)  

104th Infantry regiment of the US 26th Division AEF)   104th Infantry regiment of the US 26th Division AEF)  

104th Infantry regiment of the US 26th Division AEF)   104th Infantry regiment of the US 26th Division AEF)  

104th Infantry regiment of the US 26th Division AEF)  

?

Default Re: 104th Infantry regiment of the 26th Division (US AEF)

This helmet is in near mint condition with the tag and leather chin strap remaining, with ww1 helmets the price can be very rangey I've never seen this helmet for sale if I had to say I would think it is worth about 350+. Excellent helmet

Thank you for your input gel65. I appreciate the information. I have had this helmet nearly 50 years and has been packed away until recently. I wish the tag had been in better shape but it is what it is. I may sell this helmet in the near future. I haven't decided yet what to do.

Robert

Fantastic British MK1 you have there probably one of the nicest I've seen to be honest,continue looking after it,had a good life for nearly a century......Jake.

Thank you Jake. I will do my best.

Robert

Well, I have decided to let this helmet go. Knowing what we do now from these replies and the photos, if anyone on this list would be interested, I would like to sell it for the right offer. Plese send a private message if you are interested. Thank you all for the replies and the abundance of helpful information.

Robert