Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Princess Mary's gift tin 1914

Article about: Thanks Mike. A very useful guide. I have saved the pics from the auctions and also labeled them for future reference. Cheers, Ade.

ILH
    ?

Default Re: Princess Mary's gift tin 1914

Cheers Ade,
    that confims ours is a nurses one
    jim

Hi nice thread i thought i would add this.
    It's a ww1 note book with list of names and fags or tabbaco next to names could this be a list a officer made for his men to draw the tins from stores. just a thought but a nice one
    hope it is not too fare off topic.
    Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Princess Mary's gift tin 1914   Princess Mary's gift tin 1914  

Princess Mary's gift tin 1914  

Don Gieb
    ?

Thanks, Adrian. I had already printed the article you had submitted but read the whole page. So it seems there were tins with tobacco, sugar candy for the Gurkas and chocolates for the nurses. Mine however was of course empty when I bought it about 25 years ago. Don Gieb

Just wondering what ballpark value can be put on these tins? I am going to an auction on Sunday that has a couple up for grabs. This is the only pic I could get from the auctioneer.

Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Princess Mary's gift tin 1914  

The tin on the right looks like a fake to me? You see these in white metal. They are very flat in releif and are horible.

An empty tin is worth about £20 - £25 in polished condition. The more original gilt finish the higher the value. A complete tin is worth over £100.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I thought I would add a link to this other thread of mine:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ww1-a...y-member-8653/
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

CBH
    ?

Great tread Ade , any truth to a silver officers version ?
    Cheers Chris

I think these are fantasy items.

Cheers, Ade.

Some other contents that were included with the tin shown in this link on the French WW1 Forum.

Nöel 1914. - Page 2

The tins themselves were sent in a cardboard box which held the pipe/writing case/tinder lighter.

regards

Mark

100 Years tomorrow

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast