Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

17e Lancers cap offerd by.... Nowak?

Article about: I recently found on a local advertising in Belgium thise very nice , 17e Lancers cap at 1300€! That helmet being very high on my list I reacted immediatly. I got a first response within a fe

Default 17e Lancers cap offerd by.... Nowak?

I recently found on a local advertising in Belgium thise very nice , 17e Lancers cap at 1300€!
    That helmet being very high on my list I reacted immediatly.
    I got a first response within a few hours telling me lots of blalbla's
    About him being a Englishmen from Manchester who worked or works (not clear!) in Brussels wanting to sell thise helmet, wich he owned for years!
    The ad and his messages are in a aristocratic French with syntax faults, so to me he uses a bad on line translator!
    So my first question was why would a Englishmen want to sell a top helmet on a local auction site in Belgium instead of selling it in the UK where prices would go higher!???
    He said that sending the helmet would be at his cost and more blalbla...
    But when I asked for more detailed pic's and that i would only have it personaly picked up in brussels or Manchester, messages stopped...
    Did I missed a good deal (lol!!!!)?
    Funny thing was that thise guy's message popped up in the middel of a bunch of WRF messages refearing to responses on" thread you have subscribed to..." dealing about ....Pawel Nowak.
    That defenetly was a omen to me!
    Cheers
    |<ris
    Attached Images Attached Images 17e Lancers cap offerd by.... Nowak? 
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Default Re: 17e Lancers cap offerd by.... Nowak?

There are some shifty people out there in the world and this guy being one he used the helmet as bait hope no one gets stuck on this one

?

Sounds like a good one to stay away from.
    The omens were indeed omnious.
    If I remember correctly, the 17th was at Balaclava; good thing, that you didnt ride into the valley of internet scammers.

There are also very good replicas of these too. I'd pass on this one.

?

Jeez, this Pawel is relentless. He must be getting some suckers to buy non-existent items(non -existent from him). I'm glad you didn't bite Stuka!

This exact helmet was recently sold in April this year on Ebay.co.uk for UK£7,200 or EURO 8,352.25 ...look at the red and white chequerboard tiles in the background of both images —they are identical.

17e Lancers cap offerd by.... Nowak?

I found this out by dropping the posted helmet image into Google image search and added text "Crimea Helmet Lancers". This is a simple first test to see if an image has been pirated from elsewhere...I use it all the time.

This is the original sellers sales blurb:

This is a Crimean War, 1850's period British Troop Sergeant-Majors Lance Cap, of the 17th Lancers.
    This hat is extremely rare, in fact you most probably will never see another one like it ever again, let alone be able to purchase it. Have had it in our collection for many years, originally acquiring it from David McAlpine, who was on the board of the National Army Museum of Great Britain, and a well known collector and enthusiast of militaria himself, especially British cavalry. As you can see, its pictures featured in the book 'Collecting Militaria' by Robert Wilkinson-Latham, a member of the Wilkinson Sword family. Therefore, no explanation needed as to the book's pedigree and reliability. This hat is the exact same one featured in the pages, and you can see the same markings, such as the small holes on the crest of the helmet. The Plume and Cap lines do belong to the helmet, but were taken off for the photograph in the book to allow the hat to be seen with clarity.
    Rest assured you may buy with confidence. An absolutely stunning hat, guaranteed original and genuine. Please ask with any questions.

The ebay link which will probably expire shortly.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Great detective work!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

ian
    ?

yhe pectures shown are that of a post ww2 bandsmans cheptca , sorry about the spelling ,, i allso think it is an indian fake ,, the sides of the leather part of the helmet are to upright and strait ,,,there is no shape to it
    the helmet plate has no battle honers on it which is wrong for the so called year of the helmet, allso it has suposed officers brade on the peek
    an officers cheptka is a tottaly different shape and has a very elaborate helmet plate and a very large feather plume NOT a horse tail ,
    from the pics shown I believe this to be an indian FAKE ,so if it is our ERM friend ,then he has not done his home work very well,, this i think is trying to be a 1903 patern ,,with a post ww2 helmet plate ,,WELL A COMPLETE COCK UP so it looks like the ebay poster could be a scamer as well

i just looked at the ebay selling in a bit more detail ,, and YES I CONFIRM ,,INDIAN FAKE ,,19 bids ,,OVER 7 grand ??? some one has been taken ,,good style
    cheers ian

allso the plume does not and never has fitted where it shown on the ebay pics
    the blue lump on the front is where it should fit ,stiking out of the top of it ,allso the blue lump thingy should have a button with the scull and bones in the middle of it and allso it should not be blue ,,
    on early one it is blue and wight ,,on later ones it is red and yellow

Thanks for up-dates !
    Imagine how i felf finding thise helmet a 40km of my door!!
    Anyway, i would have never baught it without having it in hands, even if i had to drive to Manchester!
    I'll try to notify the site!
    Thanks again!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

ian
    ?

stuka ,, these helmets from the 17 lancers are the very pinacle of colecting ,good ones are extremely rare and fetch vey high money ,the most facked of them all ,,the other ones most facked are 21st lancers and 9th lancers
    very few have i seen from the 16 lancers ,as the fackers cannot get the shade of red right ,, one of the biggest fakes are the fowl weather helmets ,,all leather no plate or plume ,,these are the helmets actualy worn at balaklava ,,the dreas helmets were not worn in that battle
    cheers ian
    i am ex 17/21 lancers by the way ,,,,,not saying im allways right ,,cos no one can say that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast