Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1905 photo with hard to read description

Article about: Hi all Apologies that this is a bit early for this forum, but its the best fit I could find. I picked up this rather nice photo this morning. It shows a senior officer and a well dressed lad

Default 1905 photo with hard to read description

Hi all

Apologies that this is a bit early for this forum, but its the best fit I could find. I picked up this rather nice photo this morning. It shows a senior officer and a well dressed lady. The inscription on the rear tells us that this is Lucknow and taken on Friday 29th January 1905 by a lady "someting" in a "something" hotel. Can anybody help me decipher the writing on the rear? It's a very intriguing picture and I would be fascinated to know who the officer might be, there can't have been many Major or Lieutenant Generals (I can't see if its a crown or pip above the crossed swords) in Lucknow in 1905!
    1905 photo with hard to read description1905 photo with hard to read description
    Thanks

Ed

NCA
    ?

Lucklow Friday 27th Jan 05

Taken by Lady ??? in the garden of Wutzler's hotel-??? before the boy ???

There is a Wutzlers hotel in Lucklow, India.Sorry I cant help anymore.I've now gone cross-eyed!

Thanks, it's not the easiest handwriting to decipher! I will have to do some digging on the hotel...

NCA
    ?

Interesting photo.Good luck with the digging!

I stared at it yesterday and failed to read anymore than you did, the two crucial words are illegible to my eyes, though Wutzler's hotel seems a good spot and it was there during the period in question, Wutzler's Royal Hotel.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

MAP
    ?

This may not be much help but I think part may say "just before the boy ????"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)