1911 Coronation Medal

Article about: An interesting little thing. Anybody have one or seen any before? It's made from a very light alloy. Cheers, Andy

Default 1911 Coronation Medal

An interesting little thing. Anybody have one or seen any before? It's made from a very light alloy.

Cheers, Andy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	545776_10151628065840112_861665111_23884878_1306494922_n.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	341253Click image for larger version. 

Name:	576227_10151628066540112_861665111_23884879_1385514747_n.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	341254

Default Re: 1911 Coronation Medal

c'mon, nobody else on earth has one? Getting lonely in here

Very nice condition medal, Andy.
    I don't collect these, but sell quite a few. They come in many variations and forms. Below a few that are currently in my possession.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Admittedly not all 1911, some 1902 and not all medals, but related.
    They are highly collectable with many, many variations.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Ah, very cool Tom! Thanks for taking the time to put that together, I see there is a huge amount of variation to collect here. What would you say is the going rate for one like mine? I won't be selling it but it's good to know.

Cheers, Andy

Pleasure Andy. Normally only ask between $5 -15 depending on type and condition. It may be worth more to a true collector of these items??
    If you want any of them just give me a shout.
    Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Pleasure Andy. Normally only ask between $5 -15 depending on type and condition. It may be worth more to a true collector of these items??
    If you want any of them just give me a shout.
    Tom
    Cheers Tom, I don't collect them myself but I think this one has possibly been in my family a long time so I think I'll keep it I must do some research with my Grandad and see if he knows the origins.

thanks again for the info!

Tom

Hi Andy,

As you know with the upcoming diamond Jubilee, forces and emergency services are being awarded an official jubilee medal. However civillian staff are not entitled to receive or wear these and in some cases certain organisations, Grampian fire and rescue for instance are issuing non official medallions to their civillian staff to commemorate this event, these are not for wear but more as a keep sake and so the little darlings dont feel left out. I think that the medal you have is similar to these as the quality of metal used in its production does not appear to be up to the standard of official issue medals. In any case a nice collectable item.

Best wishes

Robin

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Hi Andy,

As you know with the upcoming diamond Jubilee, forces and emergency services are being awarded an official jubilee medal. However civillian staff are not entitled to receive or wear these and in some cases certain organisations, Grampian fire and rescue for instance are issuing non official medallions to their civillian staff to commemorate this event, these are not for wear but more as a keep sake and so the little darlings dont feel left out. I think that the medal you have is similar to these as the quality of metal used in its production does not appear to be up to the standard of official issue medals. In any case a nice collectable item.

Best wishes

Robin
    Hi Robin, I would agree with your assessment there. The metal is barely there, maybe an Aluminium / Tin alloy or something like that. It weighs absolutely nothing. I reckon Tipton council had a few made for their employees at the time. I don't have any family from around there that I know of, so I do wonder how it came to be with me.

Cheers, Andy