Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

1914-15 Star to Pte William Duncan, Army Cyclist Corps

Article about: Hi Guys, I was very kindly given this medal by a comrade in our LH group (and forum member) who found it languishing in the botton of a drawer. He had forgotten where it had come from, but i

Default 1914-15 Star to Pte William Duncan, Army Cyclist Corps

Hi Guys, I was very kindly given this medal by a comrade in our LH group (and forum member) who found it languishing in the botton of a drawer. He had forgotten where it had come from, but it was given to him.

I replaced the missing ribbon (wrong way around in the pic ut now changed. Doh!) and also downloaded the Medal Index card from the National Archives. Sadly, the medal has been split from the others he was awarded but at least it is now safe and looked after.

As can be seen from the medal index card, he arrived in France on November 23rd 1915, later transfering to the Royal Berkshire Regt and making the rank of Sgt.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1914-15 Star to Pte William Duncan, Army Cyclist Corps   1914-15 Star to Pte William Duncan, Army Cyclist Corps  

1914-15 Star to Pte William Duncan, Army Cyclist Corps  

Here is his medal roll entry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1914-15 Star to Pte William Duncan, Army Cyclist Corps  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

well saved Ade.