Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1914 xmas tins

Article about: I have two of these and thought this item in the mail might be of interest. I'll post pics of mine when I get back to the UK. I have one of the official versions in brass and also an unoffic

Default 1914 xmas tins

I have two of these and thought this item in the mail might be of interest. I'll post pics of mine when I get back to the UK. I have one of the official versions in brass and also an unofficial version in chrome/nickel plated steel, the latter type is said by some to be a period buy it in the shops version whiolst others think they are later.

I noticed some of the contents now sell for lots of money with a packet of the ciggies selling recently on the bay for nearly 70 quid.

The Mail is giving away these glorious WW1 coin replicas | Mail Online
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I saw the advert last nite,replica coins and tinnies hymm what next replica Vickers now that would be nice...............

I remember someone who used to make replica's of the Vickers gun. There is a very nice replica of the Mg08/15 for sale at the moment on the website of Battleflag militaria.

I saw this, I think they were bought as a job lot a few years back, in an unopened box and then they sold were seperately more recently. Be a good thing to find down the boot sale.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

For years I've had one of these in brass and another in the silver- still don't know why the silver finish. I few years back I picked up a repro brass one. The repop is of good quality and very hard to tell from the original.