Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

2 Flashed US Brodie M1917 Helmets

Article about: These just arrived in the mail this week. After picking up my first flashed Brodie a little less then a year ago, I've really come to enjoy them. So when these two became available I was luc

Quote by MAP View Post
    Two more very nice helmets Roberto. Thanks!

The price point on these are still at a level that they don't leave you broke. But at least for me, they are hard to find.
    Actually as you say, examples in good conditions become difficult to find, and anyway for me it's easier to find a US M17 rather than a Mk1.

These are great Michael !!

Have not heard "Yaphank" In 30 years. Used to be the last & final stop on the LIRR back then. "LAST STOP, YAPHANK" !!!

Greetings Michael,

Here's a 27th ID Helmet that came to me for free. It was my Grandfathers

V/r Lance

MAP
    ?

Nice Lance. That makes it all the more special!!!

Well as with anything I get, I tend to pour over the items trying to tease out the details. I found a few more...

For the 77th MK1 I found a very nice and clear red War Office Pattern Liner stamp (BRODIES STEEL HELMET Registered No 65199 WAR OFFICE PATTERN PATENT No.11803/16) as well as two pencil written letters. Maybe "a" & "a" or "G" & "G". Initials? Not sure.....

For the 27th, I found a very faded War Office Pattern Liner stamp BUT....I found a nice and clear name under the liner. DICKENSON. Not an uncommon name but not like Smith. So maybe with a little research I could narrow it down.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    These are great Michael !!

Have not heard "Yaphank" In 30 years. Used to be the last & final stop on the LIRR back then. "LAST STOP, YAPHANK" !!!
    And it probably is still "the end of the line"... It is way out there for us who live closer to the city.

Glad you enjoyed the helmets!

M

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice lids Friends!!! Here is my 27th ID example.

Mart

MAP
    ?

That's a nice one Mart! I have seen a number of 27th. More so than others but I'm still getting my feet wet with these helmets.

?

Great stuff will post mine later

?

Well here they are
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Flashed US Brodie M1917 Helmets   2 Flashed US Brodie M1917 Helmets  

2 Flashed US Brodie M1917 Helmets   2 Flashed US Brodie M1917 Helmets  

MAP
    ?

Nice Helmets. I do like the sleeve patch on the tunic as well

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast