Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

3 WW1 British/CANADIAN Bugles

Article about: I saw another forum member or person showing a WW1 or WW2 Bugle, so I have pulled 3 of mine out of the cases, The 2 that are beat up are from the same estate, and the Grandfather was a bugle

?

Default 3 WW1 British/CANADIAN Bugles

I saw another forum member or person showing a WW1 or WW2 Bugle, so I have pulled 3 of mine out of the cases,
    The 2 that are beat up are from the same estate, and the Grandfather was a bugler, one is dated and made in the UK the other was either UK or Canadian Made, as I mentioned, both are beat and used.
    The last one is the best I have, 1917 dated, with the original proper cords, and in better shape than the others, I think I will only keep the nice one as I am running out of room in the display cases
    So here they are

Dean Owen
    Ajax Canada

3 WW1 British/CANADIAN Bugles3 WW1 British/CANADIAN Bugles3 WW1 British/CANADIAN Bugles3 WW1 British/CANADIAN Bugles3 WW1 British/CANADIAN Bugles3 WW1 British/CANADIAN Bugles3 WW1 British/CANADIAN Bugles3 WW1 British/CANADIAN Bugles

?

Nice collection of bugles Dean I am thinking the brazed circular catches would be for a cord or lanyard.

Regards Mark K

?

There are so many Indian fakes out there, most have the ONTARIO Regt Queens Crown Regt badge on them, I have seen them offered froml over the world..and the bugles themselves are far too light in weight....most Regt badged Bugles are fake, or had badges put on them after the War either WW1 or WW2
    JUST MY THOUGHTS

Dean Owen
    Ajax Canada

Very nice bugles!

Very nice bugles and the two by Potter both WWI dated are excellent. The same firm made a set of Silver drums for one of the Welsh regiments, either the Welch or the SWB I can't remember which.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Here's one I got off ebay a few years ago which shows that the real deal does occasionally crop up. This one was advertised as 'antique bugle with many dents.' It was only by close scrutiny of the pictures that I caught site of the possibility of an inscription. It wasn't being sold as a military bugle, and the chances are that the owner didn't realise. This was a 'buy it now' of £50. He was selling another which was one of these dreadful modern copies, and he wanted £100 for that.

As can be seen, this is marked to 'A' Coy, 1st V/B, The Buffs, and is dated 1894. As far as I can find out, volunteers from A and B Coy went to South Africa with the 2nd battalion - The Buffs. I put the cord on just to tart it up a bit.

3 WW1 British/CANADIAN Bugles3 WW1 British/CANADIAN Bugles3 WW1 British/CANADIAN Bugles3 WW1 British/CANADIAN Bugles

?

I gather the bugles to keep an eye out for, are ones associated with Light Infantry regiments.
    The Light Infantry made a point of carrying their bugles into battle, rather than just used for parade and ceremonial purposes.

So, when you see a military bugle of vintage for sale, this might be worth baring in mind, if it can be attributed to a specific battalion/company within a Light Infantry regiment.

Gary J.

?

Great looking unit Harry!!
    Gotta love these things.

Thanks for the comments guys!!!

DEan O
    Ajax Canada