Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

5th Canadian Mounted Rifles Group

Article about: Here is a nice grouping from the 5th Canadian Mounted Rifles..raised as a Mounted unit, but fought as Infantry The Helmet is interesting as research shows that the orders to repaint the Helm

?

Default 5th Canadian Mounted Rifles Group

Here is a nice grouping from the 5th Canadian Mounted Rifles..raised as a Mounted unit, but fought as Infantry
    The Helmet is interesting as research shows that the orders to repaint the Helmet and add the capbadge came on Nov 18th 1918, "with the paint provided"

Dean O.
    Ajax Canada5th Canadian Mounted Rifles Group5th Canadian Mounted Rifles Group5th Canadian Mounted Rifles Group5th Canadian Mounted Rifles Group

boltonheritage
    ?

I am quite impressed by by those images. We are a group of volunteers in the Eastern Townships (Qc) searching the history of the 5th Canadian Mounted Rifles that were first recruited and organized in 1914 under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel George Harold Baker. Colonel Baker died on the front, at Ypres, in June 1916.
    It would be interesting for us to know who was the soldier initially owning those items.
    Patrimoine Bolton Heritage, Bolton-Est, Qc

Very Nice, I have a 1st CMR uniform group and generic 3 Div victory parade helmet similar to this one.

?

I have a nice 2 CMR tunic the BC Mounted badges on it and other insignia also.

I am now working with a 4 CMR group that is having 4 WW1 repro Motorcycles built for a 1917 ride across Canada

Dean O
    Canada

Thats a gorgeous grouping Dean! Proud to know that a Canadian lad wore that lid into combat.