Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Anzac day 2009

Article about: Just a couple of links to remember our fallen Anzacs in 2009, the first a short video of Australians reading epitaphs from the graves, and the second an overview of one of the diggers etc. V

Default Anzac day 2009

Just a couple of links to remember our fallen Anzacs in 2009, the first a short video of Australians reading epitaphs from the graves, and the second an overview of one of the diggers etc.

Video - AdelaideNow

Anzac Day 08

Lest we forget.

Cheers,

Grant

?

Default Re: Anzac day 2009

Your NOT forgotten !!!

In Peterborough UK, we have a "lone grave" to an OZ who died and was buried in the City Cemetery in July 1916.

Each year at Sgt. Hunter's grave, the local British Legion / Army cadets etc hold a service as close to ANZAC day as possible.

Here are a few links !

Peterborough City Council - Pupils help commemorate 'Lonely Anzac' at graveside service

Peterborough Museum 1

The Northern Echo - Home at last for a war hero

With Respect !

Gary J.

Great meaningful video clip Grant , im takeing my son for his first dawn parade over here , 5.30 am start , it seems to be getting bigger turn outs every year , awesome to see in todays world , cheers Raymond

Thumbs up Re: Anzac day 2009

i am glad i found this forum Thanks to both of you for posting this i didn't know( there is a lot i don't know ) and i found it very interesting especially ww1 .Some story like this one of the Sgt
    Hunter need to be told

i attended the dawn service at the Shrine in melbourne this year - biggest crowd i've ever seen!

Luke

Hey Stuka,

Thanks for that, very moving

I have family in Perth Western Australia, and they had about 40,000 turn out for the dawn service and march this year

Cheers,

Grant

i remember when it was only a couple of hundred, mostly vets and their family. Pity my pop passed away - he would have loved to see those long passed honored in such a manner.

Just a note for the rest of the world
    - ANZAC day does not glorify war as there is none present. We do it to pay our respects to the dead so that nothing like this happens again, human nature being what it is this is anyway.

?

hi guys if you ever come to Turkey to visit Anzac memorials here please let me know

Sinan