Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

'Artists Rifles' Cap Badge

Article about: Jerry, Terry - thank you very much for your help and compliments. Nice to hear that you like the badge The ones you have shown a very striking indeed.. Such a unique design. I was a little t

Default 'Artists Rifles' Cap Badge

Hello all,

A relative was at a small market today and saw this cap badge amongst other non military items.

The price was low so they picked it up for me. Having not studied this type of badge before, any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Josh

Looks fine to me Josh, with none of the obvious signs of a copy.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Josh an up standing Regiment now days.. they go under the name of 21 "two one" not "twenty one" SAS..with bases in the south of England & Wales. & 23 SAS cover the North & into Scotland.They are the SAS reserves now..with 22 being the full time regiment...I do know that 23 came about from MI9.. well that's what I was told could be wrong!! lol...I have worked with all of these regiments & I must say they have some fruitloops in there ranks..But all very good soldiers...with some sort of braincell..So you have a nice badge with Mars & Minerva..as the figures..You should keep your eyes peeled for one of these badges... 'Artists Rifles' Cap Badge Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    You should keep your eyes peeled for one of these badges... 'Artists Rifles' Cap Badge Cheers Terry.
    Snap.

Though as far as I understand these, the only original are silver, then you get official copies from the regimental shop and then you get fakes of the latter. If the area on the back behind the 21 SAS has the horizontal lines showing through from the front it is a fake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'Artists Rifles' Cap Badge  
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Nice badge Jerry is that 1 yours??...

Quote by Tango View Post
    Nice badge Jerry is that 1 yours??...
    Indeed it is mate.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Give 2 minutes & I will the Missus to take some snaps of mine!! See if there is a major difference? Excellent badge by the way... Cheers Terry.

?

Hello Jerry heres some snaps better late than never bloody computers. The Missus didn't take any of the back & I ain't go through all that again lol.. It looks ok to me?.. Cheers Terry. 'Artists Rifles' Cap Badge'Artists Rifles' Cap Badge'Artists Rifles' Cap Badge'Artists Rifles' Cap Badge

Hard to say Terry, the most obvious sign of a fake is the horizontal lines showing on the reverse behind the 21 SAS logo. If they are too shiny and have poorly formed pebbling are also signs of a fake. I don't claim to be an expert on these and after all we are talking about copies as the only original examples would be hallmarked silver and I'll never see one of them, probably!
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Roger that Jerry I will have a good look when I get home..& have a look for those lines!!!..Thanks again. Terry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast