Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Australian P1907 Quillon

Article about: Just thought i share my new acquisition..p1907 Sanderson, N.S.W 1035, the lowest known NSW number..

Default Australian P1907 Quillon

Just thought i share my new acquisition..p1907 Sanderson, N.S.W 1035, the lowest known NSW number..
    Australian P1907 QuillonAustralian P1907 QuillonAustralian P1907 QuillonAustralian P1907 QuillonAustralian P1907 QuillonAustralian P1907 QuillonAustralian P1907 QuillonAustralian P1907 Quillon

?

Nice bayonet. I just picked up my first hooked quillon this week, a Q^P. By the way Simon Lawrence has one on his website numbered NSW 591 Lawrance Ordnance - Wilkinson Sword Co. April 1909 Pattern 1907 Bayonet

Alex

Thanks for the link...well it was the earliest till that link lol...ill have to settle for second...ive seen a 2 number WA...but in 40 years no 3 number NSW..so i might try and get that one

There's just Something about these huge old hunks of steel 1907's that really grabs the imagination. No ornamental belt hanger there-these things went to War and did Damage! Holding one is like having some sort of old pirate's cutlass in your grip. Excellent find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Most jeouse and a most extreme rarity, bet you paid big bucks for this one?

It was free Rene....i also called about that other one in the link...we had a good chat about our mutual collections..hes had that 3 number one for years...i agree wagriff..they are just an industrial eye to eye killing impliment

Free?? I think I just heard Rene hitting the floor...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Free? I hope the other person didn't die as a result of that steal. How did your chat with Simon go? Don't suppose he's willing to sell. His is a wonderful example with matching numbered scabbard. If it was for sale I imagine he would want your first born son. Do you have a Q or QLD marked one? If so I'd love to see it.

Alex

I have 2 N.S.W ones ..my other one is much rarer and no its not a Lithgow This one has the matching scabbard as well...Simon was great to talk to, we were chatting for some time.
    Australian P1907 QuillonAustralian P1907 Quillon