Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

BB&B Purple Heart # 366, Sgt. Charles A. Dille 28th Div. Co. K, 110th Inf. WWI

Article about: Here is a Purple Heart from the BB&B 1932 contract that I once owned. This the lowest number I have ever seen on the market to date. The condition is mint, with all factory lacquer intac

Arrow BB&B Purple Heart # 366, Sgt. Charles A. Dille 28th Div. Co. K, 110th Inf. WWI

Here is a Purple Heart from the BB&B 1932 contract that I once owned. This the lowest number I have ever seen on the market to date. The condition is mint, with all factory lacquer intact.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BB&B Purple Heart # 366, Sgt. Charles A. Dille 28th Div. Co. K, 110th Inf. WWI  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: BB&B Purple Heart # 366, Sgt. Charles A. Dille 28th Div. Co. K, 110th Inf.

Medal obverse and reverse.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BB&B Purple Heart # 366, Sgt. Charles A. Dille 28th Div. Co. K, 110th Inf. WWI   BB&B Purple Heart # 366, Sgt. Charles A. Dille 28th Div. Co. K, 110th Inf. WWI  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: BB&B Purple Heart # 366, Sgt. Charles A. Dille 28th Div. Co. K, 110th Inf.

Close up of the hand engraving. This "right justified" style is only found on the earliest awards. After this, the more standard centered style is found.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BB&B Purple Heart # 366, Sgt. Charles A. Dille 28th Div. Co. K, 110th Inf. WWI  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

The number on the rim. BB&B had the distinct characteristic of having impressed their decorations very soft, and sometimes, the number is hard to see.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

The original matching number box - lid lost to time.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: BB&B Purple Heart # 366, Sgt. Charles A. Dille 28th Div. Co. K, 110th Inf. WWI

A slight error in my above posting. The lid was intact on this one, I was thinking of another...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]