Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Belgian WW1 helmet ?

Article about: hi, picked this up today but I'm not too hot on European helmets. Can anyone confirm if this is a WW1 Belgian helmet? It has a lion mask badge to the front and the front/rear peaks are 2 sep

Default Belgian WW1 helmet ?

hi, picked this up today but I'm not too hot on European helmets. Can anyone confirm if this is a WW1 Belgian helmet? It has a lion mask badge to the front and the front/rear peaks are 2 separate parts riveted together near the rim with 2 small rivets on each side. The lining appears to be leather as is the strap. There is a name which might be a name rank & regiment or address but it is hard to make out. It has the feel of WW1 rather than WW2 but I could be wrong. Are these common or not so common? cheers, Dave

?

Yes, this is indeed a Belgian WW1 Adrian-helmet and they aren't that common accually.
    I myself have a WW2 type. I will post some pics of it tomorrow when I find the time.
    One of the differences are that WW1 types have a ring around the helmet just above the skirt and the lionshead is also flatter then WW2 types.

Very nice WWI Belgie!

many thanks Krisse for the fast reply - it must be the middle of the night where you are! If I can read the script inside I will post that too. best wishes, Dave

?

Quote by rrickoshae View Post
    many thanks Krisse for the fast reply - it must be the middle of the night where you are! If I can read the script inside I will post that too. best wishes, Dave
    You're welcome Dave. Maybe, if you can post a very good detailled picture of the text, I can make out what it says. Could be a Flemish or French name.
    Ohw yeh, and it's 00.12hr here now in Belgium. :-)

Default belgian WW1 helmet

you can see from this that the script is very hard to read, Dave

I'll have another go in daylight Krisse, but more light seems to make it harder to read. But I'm off to bed now! Dave

?

Yes indeed. But the picture is blurry aswell. Don't know what camera you're using but I guess you have to take a picture with a bigger zoom.

Nice WWI Belgium adrian.

Default WW1 Belgian helmet

hi Krisse, try these. It is difficult to get a good photo as the writing is very faint. Don't worry if you can't make it out, its not really in my line of collecting so will probably end up going to a new home in the future! thanks for your help, Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast