Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

British brodie helmet

Article about: Hello all! This is my first post here, so i just want to say that i hope you guys can help me! I have found a british brodie helmet, wich somebody unbelievably was going to throw in the tras

Dominique Kruis
    ?

Default British brodie helmet

Hello all!

This is my first post here, so i just want to say that i hope you guys can help me!

I have found a british brodie helmet, wich somebody unbelievably was going to throw in the trash, and send an email to a nearby military museum to identify the helmet.

The conservator of the museum told me it is a Mk1 helmet, wich has been refurbished for use in WW2, wich can be seen by the inner works.

The steel shell is made by Bury & Co LTD of Sheffield between 1916 and 1918. Perhaps you could help me estimate the value? I have yet to find another helmet like this, and prices between WW1 and WW2 vary a lot.

I am more than willing to answer any questions you may have!
    Thank you in advance!

British brodie helmetBritish brodie helmetBritish brodie helmet

?

Hello,

I can't tell much from the photos, looks like a standard MKII to me, but have a look at these two threads Mk1*
    mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours they'll surely help you determine exactly what it is.

Tony

We really need to see good pcis of the markings and the chinstrap lugs, the liner etc.. Refurbed MKI*'s do command a better price than MKII but only if it has not been messed with and has its original pre/early war paint. The liner looks wrong for an early helmet.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    We really need to see good pcis of the markings and the chinstrap lugs, the liner etc.. Refurbed MKI*'s do command a better price than MKII but only if it has not been messed with and has its original pre/early war paint. The liner looks wrong for an early helmet.
    As Jerry says we do need more pics to help even more.

Matt