Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Mk1 helmet hand painted

Article about: i got this from my uncle he found it in his shed when he moved into his house over 30 years ago and the house is over 100 years old in Arizona how it came to end up there i dont know but may

Default British Mk1 helmet hand painted

i got this from my uncle he found it in his shed when he moved into his house over 30 years ago and the house is over 100 years old in Arizona how it came to end up there i dont know but maybe it has been in that shed for 100 years?!

anyway i made out what seems to be on this painted shell its all really faded and harder to see in pictures but i drew out what seems to be there can anyone tell me what it might mean? it is a ww1 actual Mk1 not Mk2 Mk5 or anything else

British Mk1 helmet hand paintedBritish Mk1 helmet hand painted

can we have some more pictures, off the liner/chinstrap and chinstrap lugs and what holds the liner in a bolt/screw or rivet?
    But from what I can see I think its either a MK1 or a M1917.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

?

The US used British MkI helmets early on in the war, can you show a photo of the inside. The AEF will be for American Expeditonary Force, are there any other symbols or badges on it?

Steve.

well all thats left is the recently feared asbestos pad about 1 inch or less of leather on each side of the center rivet. the chinstrap bails (sorry if thats wrong im an m1 helmet guy) are held in with split rivets ill post pictures in a bit and the rim overlaps about 1 1/2 to 2 inches heck it could be canadian but i cant find any marks in the rim

British Made sent to the Americans when they joined the war ww1 MK1, great find!
    Best Regards Matt

A good shed find US used British made mki. The handpainted design is very cool to see and possibly done by the vet to commemorate his service.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    A good shed find US used British made mki. The handpainted design is very cool to see and possibly done by the vet to commemorate his service.
    heres the rest if you're interested
    British Mk1 helmet hand paintedBritish Mk1 helmet hand paintedBritish Mk1 helmet hand paintedBritish Mk1 helmet hand paintedBritish Mk1 helmet hand painted

just out of curiosity what would you guys pay for it?

Quote by JeepCreep View Post
    just out of curiosity what would you guys pay for it?
    usually they are in a price range of £/$100 - £/$200 but due to the commemorations of WW1 it could go for allot more.
    Best Regards Matt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast