Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British WW1 medal group

Article about: I just got these today. After reading about the Battle of the Somme, and knowing a few people around the Manchester area, I've been interested in the Royal Warwicks so I had to get these whe

Cool British WW1 medal group

I just got these today. After reading about the Battle of the Somme, and knowing a few people around the Manchester area, I've been interested in the Royal Warwicks so I had to get these when I found them. He was in from 1914-1920. His medal card said he was only a private, but was also in the Labor Corps as well as the Royal Warwickshire Regt. Would the labor corps have been a punishment? Or they just needed another body to carry a crate?

British WW1 medal group
    British WW1 medal group
    British WW1 medal groupBritish WW1 medal group

I had a little problem trying to focus on the edges

Now I just need to find a nice WW1 EK2
    Last edited by Stinkpotpete; 03-07-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Default Re: British WW1 medal group

May have been invalided out of the infantry.

That is a very nice medal grouping good find also he could have had an issue that made him unfit for infantry service but fit to do small labor

Thanks guys. I never thought about that, I just saw labor and automatically thought trouble. They had jus.t a little extra info about him, and that was mainly his time in service. Now that I know what I know, I want to learn more lol

Hi Paul, slight typo I think on your part. Royal Warwickshire REGT, not fusileers.

Here is his original medal card index entry. The one you have is one made up with the info transcribed onto it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British WW1 medal group  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, I've been looking through too many hat badges I think. All the names are running together (oops)

I suspect he was transferred to the Labour Corps as a result of frost bite/trench foot in 1915. Some of his toes were amputated.

He was posted to the 620th Agricultural Company based at Budbrooke Barracks, Warwick.

The Labour Corps

Military Labour During The First
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British WW1 medal group   British WW1 medal group  

That's great info, thank you very much Richie Very much appreciated!!

nice group. question, is it possible that he would have been entitled to a silver war badge?

Thank you. After looking the SWB up, I would imagine that he would have gotten one, the last batch was issued in 1922, and he got out in 1920. A lot of the records have been added to a data base, but I'm not subscribed to it.