Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Broadie Helmets

Article about: G'day All Pulled out my WW1 lot out Broadie helmets for your pleasure. I don't know alot about these so your comments will be most helpful

Default Broadie Helmets

G'day All

Pulled out my WW1 lot out Broadie helmets for your pleasure. I don't know alot about these so your comments will be most helpful

Default Re: Broadie Helmets

No one likes a WW1 Broadie or can give info on these?

Rare in such good nick-have seen an initial production Broadie but that was in very so so condition.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    No one likes a WW1 Broadie or can give info on these?
    No!
    I leave you my adress so you can send them to me!

Just kidding, I love them! Ain't got any for the momment, but they are on my list, so I hope we will get some more information about them.
    Cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Well I like them. I have one like the second one you have the FS11, mine is marked FS173 and has the rubber ring representing the model manufactured in 1917. Mine was apparently issued to the US army. I bought it from the US for what I consider a bargain price. The last one featured is an American made M17, you can tell from the riveted chinstrap bracket compared to the split pins of the British made models.

Looking at your pictures the one marked FKS 4 might be an 1917 model. The wool lining seems intact, is there a obvious rubber ring under it? If not it would be the model issued in 1916 to replace the rimless Brodie? FS and FKS show they were manufactured by Thomas Firth and sons.

?

Nice helmets.

Nice helmets! Are there differences in the shells of american and british examples? I have one offered to me and it has no liner or chinstraps, and has the names of places of france written on it. I can not figure out its originality, and am wondering why it only has texture on the top and not the rim.

very nice helmets now i need to get me a couple of these me things

tom

Quote by noelh View Post
    Well I like them. I have one like the second one you have the FS11, mine is marked FS173 and has the rubber ring representing the model manufactured in 1917. Mine was apparently issued to the US army. I bought it from the US for what I consider a bargain price. The last one featured is an American made M17, you can tell from the riveted chinstrap bracket compared to the split pins of the British made models.

Looking at your pictures the one marked FKS 4 might be an 1917 model. The wool lining seems intact, is there a obvious rubber ring under it? If not it would be the model issued in 1916 to replace the rimless Brodie? FS and FKS show they were manufactured by Thomas Firth and sons.
    Cheers Noelh,
    The FKS4 does have the rubber ring so it is the 17 model
    Your info is of much help
    Thanks Mate

Quote by matthewsq View Post
    Nice helmets! Are there differences in the shells of american and british examples? I have one offered to me and it has no liner or chinstraps, and has the names of places of france written on it. I can not figure out its originality, and am wondering why it only has texture on the top and not the rim.
    Cheers Mathewsq
    refer to Noelh's quote on this post for one of the differences. the last photo on this post is US

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast