Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim

Article about: Hello I bought this wonderful helmet a week ago and I am not shure about the date of manufacture There were no eviedience of a brim ,because the colour is on the edges on the shell I am a no

Default Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim

Hello
    I bought this wonderful helmet a week ago and I am not shure about the date of manufacture
    There were no eviedience of a brim ,because the colour is on the edges on the shell
    I am a noobie on this field of Helmets
    It is brown overpainted and under that green painted
    It is marked F/S and 67 and Firth
    For what stands this numbers
    Is it a good one or just one of 100000 others?
    Pictures say more than I can tell
    I am thankful for all comments and Ideas

Best regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim   Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim  

Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim   Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim  

Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim   Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim  

?

Hi Bavarian, your pictures are a little unclear but it appears to be MKI brodie helmet manufactured by • FS Thomas Firth and Sons, sept. 1915-1919. It's interesting to see the "FIRTH" name stamped near the FS marking. The narrow bails used to secure the chinstrap indicate that it was manufactured without a rim as opposed to a helmet where the rim has fallen off. Better pictures would be helpful

cheers

Hello
    I am hope the pics will be better than before
    Best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim   Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim  

Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim  

As already stated, it does appear to be an early rimless example, a great pickup.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hallo
    Thanks
    I am found it on ebay kleinanzeigen and bought it for 100€ include delivery
    I think it was a great deal ,because there were a extreme low amount of british and US WW1 helmets in germany and there were very hard to find and import one from the US is extreme expensive
    I hope to post next week my in germany found complete M1917 Doughboy helmet that will delivered next week
    Thank for the comment

Best regards
    Bavarian

Hello
    I found out by searching long on old warrelicts treads and other forums that early shells made with this chinstrapholders and were painted applegreen
    And under the 1917-18 paint on many sites of the helmet the applegreen paint came to light
    See on the picture
    I think it was from 1915-18 in usage
    Can be this true?
    Best regards
    Bavarian

This is a very early British steel helmet, of the type in use during the Somme battle in 1916. You can tell that from the narrow plates that secure the chinstrap loops. Beautiful shape! I call that a nice find.

A litte late
    I sold it away
    But I ve found a new complete MK1 to take its place