Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim

Article about: Hello I bought this wonderful helmet a week ago and I am not shure about the date of manufacture There were no eviedience of a brim ,because the colour is on the edges on the shell I am a no

Default Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim

Hello
    I bought this wonderful helmet a week ago and I am not shure about the date of manufacture
    There were no eviedience of a brim ,because the colour is on the edges on the shell
    I am a noobie on this field of Helmets
    It is brown overpainted and under that green painted
    It is marked F/S and 67 and Firth
    For what stands this numbers
    Is it a good one or just one of 100000 others?
    Pictures say more than I can tell
    I am thankful for all comments and Ideas

Best regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim   Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim  

Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim   Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim  

Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim   Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim  

?

Hi Bavarian, your pictures are a little unclear but it appears to be MKI brodie helmet manufactured by • FS Thomas Firth and Sons, sept. 1915-1919. It's interesting to see the "FIRTH" name stamped near the FS marking. The narrow bails used to secure the chinstrap indicate that it was manufactured without a rim as opposed to a helmet where the rim has fallen off. Better pictures would be helpful

cheers

Hello
    I am hope the pics will be better than before
    Best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim   Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim  

Brodie MK1 helmet made by F/S without brim  

As already stated, it does appear to be an early rimless example, a great pickup.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hallo
    Thanks
    I am found it on ebay kleinanzeigen and bought it for 100€ include delivery
    I think it was a great deal ,because there were a extreme low amount of british and US WW1 helmets in germany and there were very hard to find and import one from the US is extreme expensive
    I hope to post next week my in germany found complete M1917 Doughboy helmet that will delivered next week
    Thank for the comment

Best regards
    Bavarian

Hello
    I found out by searching long on old warrelicts treads and other forums that early shells made with this chinstrapholders and were painted applegreen
    And under the 1917-18 paint on many sites of the helmet the applegreen paint came to light
    See on the picture
    I think it was from 1915-18 in usage
    Can be this true?
    Best regards
    Bavarian