MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Brodies with unit and tact.markings

Article about: Hi gents, have a look and report in if you can please. I scarfed this at the mall this morning, it just reeks WWI and appears untouched, complete, supple chinstrap and liner! Looks to have d

Default Brodies with unit and tact.markings

Hi gents, have a look and report in if you can please. I scarfed this at the mall this morning, it just reeks WWI and appears untouched, complete, supple chinstrap and liner! Looks to have dirt from the trenches still on it. Interesting is the fact that the liner appears without the typical Brodies red stamp(?) and also no rubber ring in the crown. All the fittings and the shell are delicate and I wonder if this is an example of the helmet that succeeded the rimless style (?). The shell is stamped S 224, there is a lion painted on the front and each side has a painted red rectangle. All opinions welcome, thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brodies with unit and tact.markings   Brodies with unit and tact.markings  

Brodies with unit and tact.markings   Brodies with unit and tact.markings  

Brodies with unit and tact.markings   Brodies with unit and tact.markings  

Brodies with unit and tact.markings  

Excellent, yes Mk IB 1st mass issue mid 1916 before rubber was used in mid 1917, the stap may have faded or been missed, no big deal. I would think The Kings Own Regt. by the lion, the red is a brigade indicator, likely a staff officer.

Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated!

Great pickup, very good to see they can still be found.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.