Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

CALLING WWI SOMME and YPRES RELIC HUNTERS

Article about: Northern Sky Entertainment Ltd., a Canadian Television production company, is developing two programs entitled "War Junk" for History Television, a Canadian cable-network. The prem

Is this the programme that has been shown recently in the UK on the Yesterday channel but renamed Unearthing WW1? I suspect so as there were two episodes (covering Ypres and the Somme) and the presenters kept referring to (irritatingly) war junk.

Edelweiss123, don't worry. I don't think the show is going to result in hordes invading the battlefields it was a little disappointing to say the least.

I'm glad I missed this thread first time round.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Saw the show, and I'm afraid from the way it was portrayed, it was akin to an "All Inclusive" European battlefield "free for all" .... just come and pick the "cherries" ....

"And this is a Somme battlefield ....... wow ... just look at these deadly shells all lying about ready to be picked up .... "

.... The attitude was very much "kids in a sweetshop" ...... just wandering and picking ..

God help the French farmers in the next few summers ..... (And the paramedics) .....
    There's going to be an "Iron and flesh" harvest on their land ....

"Mon Dieu !!!! Amerikan Ferris Locusts !

Gary J.

?

If we are lucky, there will be some juicy candidates for "Darwin Awards 2015"......

?

They could have titled the show "Quest for Fire II" ..... (This time, instead of rubbing two sticks together, ... just go and repeatedly kick a rusty 18PDR lying in a pile of wood...... until the "sparks" fly .... )

Quote by TrondK View Post
    If we are lucky, there will be some juicy candidates for "Darwin Awards 2015"......

?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Hollywood ..

I'm asking nicely ....

Could you find it in your generous hearts to send "American Family Diggers" to the Somme Battlefield next series ??
    ..For once ..... Oh how we'd love to hear "Boom Baby Boom" ....

?

Its """unbelivable""" all those "rare treasures" these guys keeps digging up in "American Family Diggers"- Its almost like,like,like it is a lowbudget show.... And those amounts of money these brightminded critters manage to "earn"- i dont know if i am going to laugh or cry...

I tried to watch a couple of episodes, but it was impossible to watch that "show"...

?

I saw one episode, not the worst I have seen.

Dean O
    Canada

Hey I call my lot Junk

?

It will probably be hosted by that blackdigger guy on youtube who pulls the pins on the old grenades he finds too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast