Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

A Camera possibly used in WW1 with etchings, and user's name

Article about: Hello. I am an amateur ww1-ww2 antiques collector, and I came across this piece. It is an Eastman Kodak pocket camera, patented march 4, 1902-may 6, 1913. It belonged to a Harvey E. Hall, fr

Default A Camera possibly used in WW1 with etchings, and user's name

Hello. I am an amateur ww1-ww2 antiques collector, and I came across this piece. It is an Eastman Kodak pocket camera, patented march 4, 1902-may 6, 1913. It belonged to a Harvey E. Hall, from Monroe New York, and he was in the USMC 5th brigade. The camera has etchings of the places this person has visited, which were all in France, including Mt ST Micheal, Paris, and Brest France, which was probably where he was stationed at. Along with the camera came a booklet of postcards from areas in France, just titles Brest, and another booklet titled, "Brittany leaving area for American soldiers, published by the American YMCA. The Camera probably does not work anymore. Does anyone have an idea for a price on such an item? I wanted to compare it with what I paid for it.
    And if anyone is further interested, I believe I found the owner of this camera on this link, Harvey Hall, Commander, United States Navy & Chief Scientist, NASA
    but he passed away in 2003, bless his soul. A Camera possibly used in WW1 with etchings, and user's nameA Camera possibly used in WW1 with etchings, and user's nameA Camera possibly used in WW1 with etchings, and user's nameA Camera possibly used in WW1 with etchings, and user's nameA Camera possibly used in WW1 with etchings, and user's nameA Camera possibly used in WW1 with etchings, and user's nameA Camera possibly used in WW1 with etchings, and user's name

?

Default Re: A Camera possibly used in WW1 with etchings, and user's name

Wow, what a find, Im sure his family would love to see this piece...Sorry dont know anything about price...