Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Water Bottle help

Article about: I just picked up this waterbottle with leather strapping. There seems to be a multitude of conflicting opinions on these things. The leather shoulder strap is stamped Ackerman Son & Co,

?

Default Canadian Water Bottle help

I just picked up this waterbottle with leather strapping. There seems to be a multitude of conflicting opinions on these things. The leather shoulder strap is stamped Ackerman Son & Co, Peterborough 1914 and there is a broad C stamped on the bottom of the harness. The cork string is attached to a steel loop at the base of the neck. The bottle colour is a dark or kahki green rather than the traditional cobalt blue. The bottom of the bottle has a ridge or seam all the way around and is not flat.

Are these characteristics consistent with an early WW1 Canadian issued canteen and harness?
    It has been pointed out to me that the steel loop for the stopper string and green bottle colour are indicators of post war issue.

thanks for your comments

Canadian Water Bottle helpCanadian Water Bottle helpCanadian Water Bottle helpCanadian Water Bottle helpCanadian Water Bottle helpCanadian Water Bottle helpCanadian Water Bottle help

?

The carrier is correct, however to my best info, the green painted canteens came out in 1943..I have several of those in my hoard.

Dean O
    Canada