Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Commemorative China ETC....

Article about: by edelweiss123 Fantastic examples. A shop in Chester has some fantastic examples of Boer War pieces, but again, the prices are too high. We're forever hopeful of coming across a piece for t

Default Commemorative China ETC....

Hey everyone,

I'm slowly starting to build up my collection of commemorative china. Although they hold no high value, i really like them and think i'll be expanding my small collection further. Here are the few examples i have already. I'd love to see any pieces you may have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commemorative China ETC....   Commemorative China ETC....  

Commemorative China ETC....   Commemorative China ETC....  

?

Default Re: Commemorative China ETC....

Thank you for showing these items - they are full of interesting detail. I wasn't sure what the flag with the blue saltire on a white background was on the little dish (sweet dish?) but a quick google tells me its an Imperial Russian naval flag.

My small contribution to this thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commemorative China ETC....   Commemorative China ETC....  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Lovely piece of crested ware! I've been after one of these but any i've had my eye on have gone a bit to much out of my price range! I love that french plate, very attractive.

Vicky, Jerry...these are great little items that could always be found in Grannies display cabinet...until they became highly collectable and pricey to boot ! Here's some more....
    Prost ! Steve.

Attached Images Attached Images Commemorative China ETC....  Commemorative China ETC....  Commemorative China ETC....  Commemorative China ETC....  Commemorative China ETC....  Commemorative China ETC....  Commemorative China ETC....  Commemorative China ETC.... 

Very nice pieces. Are these your Steve? These have all been picked up at boots like you say! It wont be long until people realise what they are though.

Some of them are already quite expensive, the airplanes, submarines and ships tend to be more than I can afford already, though you can still pick them up for a sensible price if your lucky.

My Verdun plate was a good price and according to Verdun collectors is the only example they have seen. I got the tank in a charity shop a few years back and the flags of the allies plate came from a local dealer back home, again a few years back. I don't see many for sale these days without being a bit pricey, though I keep an eye out for the bargain when I can. I have some WWII examples as well, two Dutch liberation plates from when I lived in Amsterdam.
    Regards,

Jerry

Any chance of pics of the WW2 examples Jerry?
    We picked the beaker and the cup up from a local bootsale. And the plate from a "bargain basket" in an antique shop.

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Any chance of pics of the WW2 examples Jerry?
    We picked the beaker and the cup up from a local bootsale. And the plate from a "bargain basket" in an antique shop.
    Sure, glad to show them.

Also showing my Napoleon plates, which range in date from C. 1830 through to C. 1920.

And my Napoleon III plate which is contemporary to his reign and dates to C. 1870 and the Franco-Prussian war.

Commemorative China ETC....   Commemorative China ETC....  

Regards,

Jerry

Fantastic examples. A shop in Chester has some fantastic examples of Boer War pieces, but again, the prices are too high. We're forever hopeful of coming across a piece for the right price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast